This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

battery drain in FW 2.80 very high 50% more

since FW 2.80 my battery drain goes up to 50% more as before, haven't changed anything on my setup!

before FW 2.80 for 24h arround 7-8%

now with FW 2.80 in 12 hours the same, lost 8%

• Some of the features of the 945 like SPO2 and Music playback will increase battery consumption, however, we are still looking into battery drain complaints. 

• thanks for the heads-up. well truth is i'm not panicked about this, as i'm pretty sure you guys know that already and sooner or later will come up with a fix :-)

• hey Former Member - just a fyi - i charged fully the 945 yesterday afternoon - and had afterwards 3 workouts - 2 runs of 1h each (no maps, hrm only + runscribe pods) and 1 indoor bike - 1h:30 (pm + hrm) - minimum scrolling/ backlight etc but with overnight pulse ox; current battery level is at 81%; the battery widget gives me an approx 1.357% discharge rate / hour; obviously i did the hard reset  trick several times during the past week and yesterday (mainly due to the runscribe app that seems to be broken due to the new connect iq :D ) :-) - so if you have other ideas just let me know. if you want/ need - just go ahead and check the data in my garmin account, perhaps there's something useful...

• I wouldn't say your out of line on battery drain for what you did...

• well - no drain per se, but definitely not a good (read advertised) performance; i can compare it with the 935 (and i'll probably do it, just for the sake of it) - but from what i recall the 935 had way better battery performance (i switched 3 weeks ago)

• I charged afternoon to 100% (first charge after 2.80 update) and by around 8pm it had dropped to 28%. I did hard reset and charged again to 100%. 24 hours later and I'm on 94% (no activities) which is about right for me as I'm using a watch face that has a higher than average drain (xDrip+).

Hopefully this is just a transient anomaly. My 945 has been great up to now. 

• For the first time ever, I experienced a massive drain too. Charged at 2pm to 100% and was at 40% two hours later. The only thing in the meantime was to play around with the music providers and incidentally started playing music without having headphones nearby. Cancelled immediately. Maybe this caused the issue.

A reset fixed it.

• I have exactly the same problem witfh FW 2.80.

Hard reset doesn't solved my problem....

• With SPO2 is disabled the consumption of the 945 is at least 50% more compared to 2.60 FW. Hard reset just helped for a few hours then the consumption went up again. In my opinion the problem started with FW 2.70.

I don't use music in the 945, just to control the music on the phone.

With the same settings and usage the watch is now consuming more.

• Anyone experiencing high battery drain should start with a hard reset (holding the power button for up to 15 seconds). If this does not resolve the issue, more information will likely be needed from you to aid us in resolving this. 

the hard reset solved my problem too, battery drain goes back to normal!