This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

945 no longer connecting to phone

Within the last day or so neither myself nor two friends who also have the 945 can connect to it with our phones. From the phone it's simply not visible as a bluethooth unit and on the watch itself it's just stuck on Waiting for Phone. We're all running Android, but I suspect the issue is on the watch side. Rebooting everything makes no difference. I've mailed Garmin support too, but there's been no response yet.

• Delete the paired watch in the phone and vice versa.

Delete GCMf phone.

Restart phone or better hard reset phone (simulate a battery remove). 

Hard reset watch (hold light button for 15 seconds).

Re-download GCM and do a whole repairing with the watch and phone.*

*If your phone has a trusted device option like Samsung, make sure the watch is on that list.

If this doesn't help, has your phone just get a OS/Security update?

• Samsung S10

• hi I Have a similar problem with Forerunner 945.  Not connecting to either Garmin Express nor Android Phone (Samsung).  At first the watch screen was stuck on the battery loading screen.  Then later, after several hours, All screens and buttons work EXCEPT for the on and off switch.  I doubt there s a problem with the button, because it still works to switch the light on and off.  But I can ' t get the Option DIal anylonger.  One of the screens says Mobile App Connection Required ; but I can't make that happen.  Very frustrating

Phone Model Samsung A50  SM-A505FN     ;     Garmin Serial number 5Z6120676

• The same with iOS, tried everything from resting to using other phones. Sent a email to garmin support  

• I have the exact same problem. I've removed the watch from the phone and trying to add back, but my phone won't recognize the watch. This is a pretty terrible product for what it costs. Who are their software engineers - are the 2nd tier?

• In the IOS gcm forum is a solution. Bottom line. Do a factory reset