This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Deep sleep accuracy?

I am curious to hear what other people's experience is with Deep Sleep stats.  According to my 945, I get about 10-15 mins of Deep Sleep a night.  First, I do not know if this is normal for the average person.  Second, is the 945 sleep stats accurate?

• Sleep fases cannot be determined without measuring brain activity. 
    You may value the numbers your garmin watch produce, but random numbers for the amount of light, deep and rem sleep would be just as accurate.

• I'm not really fused about deep, rem, light sleep... it's when it records I'm awake in the middle of the night which is annoying. As this cuts into your total sleep time for the night which I believe will effect the body battery results etc.

• While it's true that Garmin's pulse ox tracker is near useless, I'm positive they've cracked the code on measurement of sleep cycles. I have total faith. We all should.

• Garmin is known for their buggy software. (Don’t have to believe me, but I’m not the only one: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/06/competitor-software-instability.html) and there is no reason to believe sleeptracking is the exception.

But if you want to believe in garmins marketing that’s fine with me, but don’t tell others to share your believe or it starts to sound like religion. (and I don’t like religion)

• I gather you don't do sarcasm.

• but don’t tell others to share your believe or it starts to sound like religion

Aren't you doing the exact same thing?  

Garmin is known for their buggy software
    and there is no reason to believe sleeptracking is the exception

You can't possibly believe everyone should share your views because others post issues (surprise, surprise) on a peer-to-peer support forum. 

• Aren't you doing the exact same thing?  

I literally said “Don’t have to believe me”

I gather you don't do sarcasm.

I was not sure and used my watch to calculate the chances. Guess the algorithm wasn’t very good

• I was not sure and used my watch to calculate the chances. Guess the algorithm wasn’t very good

Guessing you didn’t use your Garmin to calculate the chances. Had you done so you would have been certain because 

I have total faith.
  • I literally said “Don’t have to believe me”

This is exactly my point.  Just because others have written on a peer-to-peer support forum that "every FW update messes something else up" doesn't make it true or validate what you said.  Don't get caught up in the power of suggestion. I've been using Garmin watches for over a decade.  I've seen over a hundred FW updates in that time easily.  I've found FW updates where Garmin screwed something up that doesn't fill up one hand when counting.  More than 90% are user error or something incapable with an IQ app. So, when you say Garmin is known for buggy software, you're doing the exact same thing thing when you tell someone,

but don’t tell others to share your believe or it starts to sound like religion.

because when I read thing's like this, it's you who's telling other's what to believe.

• The Garmin study on recording sleep scores and accuracy was completed on only 55 people and not part of a true sleep study.  My sleep score always shows poor deep sleep and too much light sleep.  Results from my Garmin do not reflect the results of my sleep study - my sleep cycles are much better than what Garmin shows…