This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR945 Crash/restart when saving activity

Yesterday I participated in a relay trail race and for leg 2 of 3 my forerunner crashed when trying to save the activity and restarted.  After restart the activity was not available on the watch. I have connected the watch to my laptop and there is not a FIT file on the watch.  I was looking in GARMIN > Activity for the file.  My other legs of the race are saved in that folder, so I think I'm looking in the right place.

Anything else I can do to retreive my missing race data?  And how do I prevent this from happening again in the future?

• Hi All,

yeah sure, completely wiped device after hard reset (3 buttons procedure: POWER + START + BACK) and all the time crash/restart during start of RUN activity but on high altitude. On my normal altitude about 250m above sea level everything works correct.

• I have 0 CIQ apps on my 945. No music or watch faces. Happens as soon as I go to high altitudes and try to save an activity.

• I am at sea level right now and I'm attaching a video recreating the issue. It is simply a problem of the altitude on the watch being above a certain number. Praying Garmin can fix it before my race next week in high altitude.

• We are asking about several variables that can take place on users' devices. Asking for that information was not a confirmation that CIQ has caused any issues, but rather, us trying to eliminate any recent changes. 

Several uses have mentioned altitude being a factor for them but we have been unable to reproduce this with the consistency that some users can. 

• Nice video! Did same test with same result.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Garmin-Blake

Has Garmin try reaching out to @rdfiorentino613 for their files?  Since the video displays the issue, I would think Garmin would want to view the files to find the cause and correct it.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to philipshambrook

Hey Phil.  Since you have a "vanilla" 945, would you be willing to do @rdfiorentino613's test performed in the video and let us know the results?  

• For the record, I don't have any CIQ apps installed.

• I'm happy to help if they need anything.

• Had this for the first time today. Did a run, a sea level, pressed save and it hung on "saving". Rebooted and it synced to garmin connect but the watch face does not include in weeks totals and shows 0 miles today in the widget. But history shows the run.