This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS Chipset 2.50 is now live! (open water swim improvements)

GPS Chipset 2.50 can be downloaded via Garmin Express or automatically through Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

- Improves GNSS performance for open water swim activities. 
- Improves GPS + GALILEO navigation performance. 
- Improves GNSS performance for cycling activities. 
- Other bug fixes and improvements.

• Any update on the Pulse Ox issues with some of the units?  

• Hardly likely in a GPS Chipset update I would have thought.

• ugh... still waiting for a new Beta to come out with the swim OHR option so I can continue to use my watch. Since it comes through Express, I can't update the GPS firmware without updating my main version and losing swim OHR. 

• Changed setting to GPS+GALILEO and started a running activity. Took very long for GPS lock. Ok, normal after GPS firmware update. Then did a 40 minute GPS soak and started a new running activity. GPS lock still about one minute.

Anyone experiencing long waits until lock is finished?

EPO is current.

• ugh... still waiting for a new Beta to come out with the swim OHR option so I can continue to use my watch. Since it comes through Express, I can't update the GPS firmware without updating my main version and losing swim OHR

Just disable automatic update  on the watch, sync with garmin express and before disconnect from pc, remove "gupdate" file from garmin folder...

• Global Navigation Satellite System 

• Not on our two. Did you do a reboot after loading the update?

• yeah, I know how to bypass it. This also makes it so I can't update the GPS firmware as I said. It also seems to have the unfortunate side effect of not letting me copy in new .fit files into the NewFiles directory. I have swim workouts from a training plan that I have been copying in and since I have had to delete the Gupdate file it no longer shows the new workouts when I disconnect. I'm a little surprised that with all the good feedback they received on the swim OHR reliability thread they effectively removed the beta after only a few weeks. The people who said it wasn't reliable and didn't like it just disabled it and the many people who have been asking for this were very happy to finally have it. Hopefully they kick another Beta out soon that can activate this so that I can stop having to use this silly workaround. 

• Good feedback? The only thing that appears to be reliable about swim OHR is that it is reliably inaccurate.  But yes, it makes sense to leave it there as an option for those who are happy to have something even if far from accurate. Choice is good.