This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Forerunner 945 battery doesn´t charge Please Help!

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the watch, after the update to 2.70, the watch no longer charges its battery. Does anyone else have this problem. I have done a reset and it remains the same, you think it is more advisable to send it to service, thanks for your response.

• Have you tried a different charge lead/charger/port? It could just be a coincidence that something failed at the same time as doing the FW upgrade. FW 2.70 has been out for a week now. If there was a problem with it causing the charging to fail I would have expected more than one report about it by now.

• I am having the same problem. My watch won't recharge anymore, tried different electricity source but none work.

• I had the same issue, so cleaning contacts on phone was my first step and it helped some, but ultimately it came down to the original charging cable, which had gone bad. Fortunately, I had a second cable. Now, I will see if Garmin will replace my cable, as the watch is only 9 months old.

• Same thing for me.  My watch is only a few months old and the cable seems to have gone out. Very disappointing.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to rdteubner

Ditto for me, and Garmin charges an arm and a lung for replacement cables. Don’t waste your money on the off-brand options that are available on Amazon. I tried two of them, and neither one worked.

• I have got the same problem on the watch I bought 2 weeks ago.

Very poor quality for a 500€ device...

• I had solved the problem by contacting customer support, it was the charging cable that broke, so they sent me a new one for free 2 days later and it has worked since then. Their customer support is actually very good, you should try it out on your end.

• my GF 945 is 6 months old. recently I found it was not charging properly or syncing properly.  if I played with the cable enough it would work sometimes.  often I would leave it plugged in over night only to find it depleted in the morning despite the screen saying it was charging. sometimes the screen would flip/flop between charging and unplugged screens. after reading comments here, I bought a new Garmin cable. that did not fix the problem. so I looked at the contact points on the watch under a magnifying glass. I noticed the 2 center contacts were nice and shiny, but the 2 contacts on the ends of the row of 4 were dark and discolored. wiping with alcohol did nothing to the contacts on the end. using my magnifying glass I gently scraped the 2 discolored contacts with a pin, then wiped with alcohol. I did not spend enough time scraping to get the 2 pins perfectly shiny, but I got them better. for the last 2 days the watch is behaving properly when plugged in. sync is back to being immediate and charging is predictable.  I don't believe that scraping the pins does any damage, but I can't say that it doesn't, so proceed at your own risk.  I can only guess that the discoloration was caused by sweat over time.  I do not know why the 2 middle contacts were not affected.

• Under a magnifying glass it can be seen that one end contact on the watch was missing/corroded away. Using a tiny ball of tinfoil to build it up allowed the watch to charge. Adding a tiny solder ball should work similarly.