This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Load Focus - device based or account based?

Hi All,

I'm considering buying an FR945 as a replacement for a Fenix 3. One of the features that interests me the most is the Training Load Focus as I feel like it would benefit me a lot.

I've also seen that the new Edge 530 & 830 also have this feature but the does the data sync between the two devices? Unless I'm mistaken, the TLF does not show up in the Connect app, so I'm guessing they currently give independent readings.

I currently own a Wahoo Bolt but I need something with a bigger screen for my eyesight!

I'm an ideal world (for me anyway) an FR945, Edge 530 and Zwift would all contribute towards the load. Is this possible?

Also - I generally walk for 30-40 minutes during my lunchbreak would the watch automatically recognise this activity without actually telling it I'm going for a walk? - I don't really want to upload this kind of thing to Strava!

Thanks in advance.

• For me TLF works in Garmin Connect mobile - since few weeks I guess.

And yes - watch recognizes walking/biking, but do not start a tracked activity automatically with Move IQ feature.

• I've had the same kind of issues with using multiple devices and additionally with mixing non-activity and activity exercise. The most practical solution I've found is to sync everything by using Strava and it's training load graphs as the middle man, and set Strava uploads to be private by default. This way the load is calculated from activities coming from all devices and you can shamelessly spam afternoon walks as activities. Then simply set the actual races and events you want to be visible on Strava to be public.

• The Training Load Focus will sync between the FR945 and Edge530\850.  As of the last week when the latest Beta firmware was released for the Edge1030 it also syncs with this device.