This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery consumption after 2.70 update

Hi,

My watchface Blink measures the minutes in high power mode per day. Yesterday I got 62 minutes in high power mode. The days before was around 80 minutes average. Tonight my watch did update to 2.70 and at 6 am I got 262 minutes in high power mode. This means, the watch don't falls back to low power mode causing a high battery drain.

After a hard reset it is lower but not back to normal on 2.60 niveau. 

• Now you mention it, I would also say that battery consumption is higher on 2.70. It is something that I will have to keep an eye on.

• I also noticed increased battery consumption based on personal feeling. Approximately the same usage, but battery lasts just for active weekend and one day without activity ...

Upgraded from 2.6 -> 2.7

• My watch is draining at a rate of about 0.5%/hour with FW 2.70  I have my watch connected to my phone, OHR on, etc.  On a related note, while using it for a 1 run with my bluetooth earphones battery drain is about 15%/hour which would project out to be about 7 hours, much less than the 10 hours advertised.

• I got 5 days from 100% do 25% which includes 12h od GPS+glonass in workouts. One activity has some active navigation for about 4 hours. Good or bad? It look that it could take 7 days with 14h of gps. Is it healthy to discharge battery below 30%? 

After charge i got -12% in one day with 2h of gps with some active navigation.

• I'm seeing 0.5%/hr since the update. Before that it was around 1/2 that. Hard reset twice which helps initially but it soon rises back to 0.5%/hr. Not good!

• Well, seems to be about 0.25/hr here... measured with my battery widget. It can fluctuate (first x percentage goes slowly, tthen usage suddenly increases and then slows down again) but overall 0.25%/hr seems a good estimation. This is without bluetooth and a very simple custom watchface.

With bluetooth I think it added about 0.1% an hr extra...

So no issues noticed here.

• Battery consumption is essentially the same for me with 2.70 vs 2.64 and 2.50.

• How you seeing the power drain stats?

• You can add Connect IQ widget "Battery Widget with automatic charge detection" and then add it to you widgets on the watch.