This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated reboots while saving an activity

I upgraded to 2.70 and since then my two hiking activities are rebooting the watch during the activity saving. After the watch restarts the activity is loaded back. I save it and it reboots again. That repeats multiple times until it finally succeeds (5-10 attempts). Probably related to elevation but it is just a guess. My two running activities saved fine on first attempt.

Any idea what is going on? Bug?

T.

• Just saw my watch update to 3.30. first thing I did was test an activity with altitude set to 6k feet. Saved perfect!

• Last night, it was updated from 2.80 to 3.30.
    I still have not been able to do high training to try it, but at least, cheating the altimeter, calibrating it to 1500m, the forerunner 945 is no longer restarted when saving or discarding the activity
    Great!

• , Work and weather have frustrated my attempts to drive out to local mountains for a high hike. (In fact, I just canceled my plan for Thanksgiving backpacking due to expected 4ft of snow!). But  and , I can tell you I have NEVER been able to reproduce the crash just by recalibrating the elevation (have you?). The alt/bar sensor has to read the actual altitude, I think.
    Blake, please PM me with any specific questions--I'm approaching REI's 90-day limit for returns. (FYI, I'm the guy who first encountered this on an FR945, returned it, and got a F6s Sapphire... with the same problem!)

• Happens since yesterday.

Steps to reproduce
    1) Do a run
    2) Try to save it

Actual result
    1) watch reboots
    2) run is not visible in recent history, going deeper it can be found as invalid
    3) run does not upload wiressly (bt/wifi) to garmin connect. It needs the watch connected via cable with a pc

Forerunner 945
    Software: 3.30.0.0