This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Forerunner 945 stuck at "Initializing" when trying to pair to iOS for first tine

Hi all,

Got new FR 945 delivered today. Tried pairing to phone when prompted on the watch. Instead of seeing a message along the lines of "download Connect App to continue" (or something) which I saw on a FR 245, instead it just says "Initializing" for approx 30 seconds followed by "Pairing failed". It doesn't even prompt me to open the Connect app and when I have Connect open searching for the 945 it fails to do so. 

Steps I've tried so far - factory reset, hard reset of 945, skipped initial setup then tried adding through menu options. Removed / re-installed Connect app on phone. Tried installed Garmin Express which works with connecting via USB to MacBook so the watch appears on my account but still can't pair via Bluetooth.

The fact that it doesn't get past the "initializing" part makes me wonder if there's a problem with the Bluetooth software / hardware on the phone. I've searched through the forums without luck plus 've tried Garmin chat but after over an hour of waiting, the chat session hasn't started! I've done loads of research via Google but can't find anything, perhaps because of the newness of the watch.

Any help, thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ricky