This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auxiliary Heart Rate

I used this field on my 935 to compare different sources of HR - it gave me confidence in my TICKR FIT, and helped me decide when the wrist oHR would be 'good enough'. 

However.... its not listed on the CIQ site as compatible with the 945. Does anyone know of an alternative, or know if its possible to 'sideload' direct in the apps folder and could point me at somewhere to download the right file ?

• If you are into Connect IQ programming the source code for this datafield is available on GitHub.

github.com/.../AuxHR

• I have also contacted the developer but so far no answer. It seems the code hasn't been touched for 3 years.

• Thanks . I forgot you had mentioned that those graphs won't show in GC. However, I believe I can still take the values from both the HRM-Strap and the OHR from the FIT file and create a graph in Excel or the likes of it...

• I saw that, but since I've never coded for Connect IQ, I don't know if you could just fork the code, add the '945' to manifest.xml, build it and load it on the device without having to publish it to the store (which of course cannot be done). I've noticed there are devices listed as supported on the store that aren't in the manifest and that the latest store update shows Dec. 2018 while the last git commit was in Feb. 2017...

• It needs to be published on and installed from the store for the graphs to appear on Garmin Connect. It would still work and put the data into the FIT file though.

However, if you build it there is nothing to stop you from uploading it to the store. If you upload it as a beta it is only available to yourself.

It looks like the developer of this datafield is no longer active with Connect IQ as none of his contributions to the store have been updated recently.

• I believe I can still take the values from both the HRM-Strap and the OHR from the FIT file and create a graph in Excel or the likes of it...

Correct. When I upload my fit files to the DCR Analyzer tool I can see side loaded CIQ data field metrics in the "Developer" data graphs.  So the info is recorded, just not shown in Garmin Connect.

• I just realized I spoke too soon about being able to extract the data from the FIT file. Does DC Rainmaker's analyzer tool have a free tier? This is something I want to do once or twice.

• It sure looks like the developer is MIA, too bad - very useful little app. I wonder how long it would take me to make the adjustments to make it work on the 945 - I haven't coded in ages.

• It could be that it would take more time to set up the CIQ environment than to actually make the changes (add the 945, change the manifest ID, etc).

One option may be to post in the CIQ "Ideas" forum (with the github link) and see if someone that already knows the ropes will make the changes.

https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/app-ideas

• Yes, setting up the environment is the main obstacle, for sure.

Thanks for the idea, I will post and see if anyone feels like doing this. I believe that if anyone is to post the app publicly on the store they will have to link to the original app, give credit to the original developer and state that this is only a version in which more compatible devices were added.