This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Has anyone else Firmware 2.60?

Hi,

I got my brandnew fr945 yesterday. It has firmware version 2.60 on it but i can't find anything on the web about it. Any ideas?

Furthermore gps 2.30 is displayed. Do you recommend to update the chipset?

• I have the tri bundle also and just received my 3rd replacement due to button issues and even this one has a button issue again. I received it running the 2.60 firmware and my Pulse Ox is not working either. I have to suspect it’s a firmware issue

• From personal experience, I would guess that the updates between 2.50 and 2.60 are for manufacturing (adding some diagnostics, manufacturing test routines, etc.) and has no fixes or other changes. This would be why they didn’t push it out to existing units but you see it on new units. 

• Thanks. Maybe I'll try downgrading to 2.50 just to make sure since upgrading to the beta did not help.

I'd think more people had noticed it though if it still happened in the beta version as people seem to be running it here. But it's always possible there is some weird sensor state/conditioning issue that is resolved by at least running the old firmware once.

• Downgrading to 2.50 did not help either. I think we can rule out it simply being a firmware issue? Unless first starting the watch in 2.60 leaves a zero in stored user data that the Pulse Ox function then always tries to divide with regardless of running firmware version :p

• Yup i have brand new FR945 with 2.60. Curious about changelog. For now everything is working ok (about 4h run, few hour of bike, some playining around). Battery life is decend. 

• I’ve got a new 945 received yesterday as a replacement from Garmin for button issues. The new watch magically has 2.60 (had 2.50 on the old watch). Pulse Ox disables heart rate for me as well. Temporary fix seems to be to turn off sleep and all day pulse ox. Hope Garmin can get a fix out quickly. I would hate to deal with a third replacement. 

• Recibed today from eGoblaCentral. 2.60 firmware.

Apparently without problems on the buttons, for me they have good touch. They click. I have not tried others.

On the box put Rev. C.

• Mine is Rev.C also (week old, 2.60 on start). Are there other revisions?

• Mine is Rev. A which came with 2.60 as well.

• Where can you see this Rev C? does it have to do with HW?