This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Music controls: Volume buttons not working on watch with Bluetooth headset

Forerunner 945: I have paired it with my Bluetooth earphones ok but the volume controls do not work on the watch. The volume seems set by default at 100% and is deafening! (there are no volume controls on my actual ear phones so the setup is not usable). My ear phones are BT v5.0 ( myinnov-x10 ) and work perfectly with my Iphone and other devices. I welcome any advice. Note the other music controls (like play/pause/previous) all work ok - it's just the volume on the watch that is the issue. When I press the buttons I can see the press being registered on the watch (+, - signs highlight at each press) but the headphones do not get the signal. 

• Same Problem for me... music is deafening and makes it unusable for music as a result!!! i've the latest version of the software on my fr945 updated and i've removed and reconnected my ear phones a bunch of times but with no luck. Still the - and  +  buttons for volume do nothing!!! 

• Me neither.

Tried on 2 Bluetooth portable repro and one Headset from china. Volume control does not work for any.

Update ?

• The workaround I posted earlier was too cumbersome. And since the battery life of my HBQ-Q32 TWS earphones had dropped quite a lot, I bought the Anker Soundcore Liberty Neo TWS earphones. Problem solved. They react perfectly to the phone's changes in settings like volume and the sound is great, they are ultralight and the fit is extremely good. Worth checking out, especially since they are very affordable.

• Just an update: after 7 months use my Anker SoundCore Neo ear buds are still great! never droped a beat. I've covered hundreds of mile (running) and they are great. (BTW I don't work for Anker :) its great when something just 'works').  

• Awful! Nearly blew my eardrums out and I have tinnitus already. What a terrible flaw. Using Huawei buds never had an issue with them in any shape or form. Is there a fix? 

• I have found a workaround that works for me: I connect the ear buds to my Phone, reduce the volume, disconnect the Phone, connect to my FR945 and then all is fine. Initially the volume was indeed set to max after initial pairing...

Perhaps the workaround I posted earlier works for you too? I personally invested in Anker Soundcore Neos and am 100% happy with their performance and super fit. Love the 'wings' that help the fit in your ear too.

• The same problem with Motorola Verve Buds 110

• I have the same issue... jbl earphones and a new FR245 MUSIC!! But now I cant even listen to the music due to this problem. Im stuck taking my phone on my run. Please Garmin solve this! 

• Very disappointing that I chose 245M over 245 and paid the extra $$ for a feature I cannot use because of this problem.  I hope this is just a teething problem ... and honestly, I don't think it is even difficult to fix this ... but the first step is for Garmin to acknowledge that it is their problem to fix

• Same problem with Xiaomi Airdots S...