This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensor connection issues

When I was getting ready for a ride yesterday, I couldn't get my SmO2 sensor or cadence sensor or HRM (all ANT+) to connect to the 945 until I power cycled it.

I understand there's a similar known problem they're working on for the EDGE 530 (which I also have) but I haven't seen discussion of sensor connection problems for the 945 - is noone else seeing this?

• During Swimrun activity I apparently lost HRM-Tri.. it didn't download the HR data either. I thought battery was dead, but after replacing the battery no luck either. But it connected to 935, so then did a reboot with 945.

So yes, I've seen that 945 needs reboot to connect sensors.

But my experience was before the BLE/BT/ANT update, haven't have problem after it.

• Even after updating to the new BLE/BT/ANT update for me the problems remain. Sometimes no issue at all, sometimes I have to reboot the watch.

When I try to connect to a bluetooth power meter sensor, the watch reboots alone continuously till I delete the bluetooth power meter sensor from the watch or I put it in the "off" state.

I'm  waiting the next new BLE/BT/ANT update.

• I have nothing but problem after problem with my 945 dropping the connection to my powermeter, HR strap and speed cadence sensors.  This is my second 945.  The first one totally died on me.  945 has been the worse experience.  I have had all the units from the 910xt and all of them have been great experiences, but not so with the 945

• Yeah, me too, maybe once every week or two.  I talked with Garmin support.  It's a known issue.

• I am having the same issues. I almost always have to power cycle to connect at first and it'll regularly lose connection to power meter and HR monitor during an activity.

It even loses connection to my phone for the garmin connect app. 

• How is it that Garmin gets away with this?  It is not a cheap piece of equipment that is not functioning as advertised. They continue to sell a defective unit and have not corrected the issue. This sounds like it should be a major recall. I rode yesterday on my rollers and lost speed, cadence, power, heart rate the entire time. I hate to refer to attorneys but this is getting ridiculous. Nothing like having the latest model and just wanting your old model back. I have been loyal to Garmin for years but, I hate to say it, I have been considering Polar or Suunto.

• we are brothers with You my friend. first mine 945 died on my hand in two days from the start. now i have problems with heart rate strap HRM TRI during my rides and runs. i think about Polar

• Does anyone from Garmin take the time to read their own forum? Do they even care?

• As has been said many times, this is a peer to peer forum. While Garmin reps might drop in, if you want support you need to contact Garmin Support.