This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto Pause draws straight line on bread crump map

Do a Run or Walk activities in "Auto Pause - When Stopped". When you STOP and start Walking again, the GPS cursor move, but it doesn't start Plotting the bread crump map until the ">" START Icon auto started again. This explains the straight line on the Map after the exercise. Is this a bug or how do I correct this?

• I'm not sure I understand...it should start plotting again when it detects that you're moving again.  If it doesn't detect a start (not moving fast enough) then I would think that what you're experiencing is expected.  If the watch did autostart and still didn't plot then it's a bug.

• I notice this very well and I was paying attention. I have started moving as you can see in the Watch screenshot and I have confirm it too on my PACE/SPEED is above 0, but it doesnt start plotting the bread crumps. Any ideas?

• Did you check that the activity re-started?  Even if pace is above 0 I have seen autopause not start (it's why I have it disabled)...

• That is why I am confused as I said above. I dont want to disable it bc if I am at rest, the estimated timer, etc and everything is still running and it will mess up my avg pace data, etc etc.

• I just manually hit stop and start.  I've had a lot of problems with autopause in areas with dense tree coverage

• I saw comments on some thread that the auto pause is pausing automatically, but not starting automatically. 

Maybe it's somehow related that the auto start after auto pause is not starting, or takes some time.

• But your average pace is messed up because you are skipping the rests; you're effectively 'cheating' yourself into thinking you've achieved a higher average pace than you really have.

I too gave up on auto pause many moons ago but primarily because I do a lot of offroad stuff and the signal constantly gets degraded triggering auto pause. 

Anyhow, it's worth reporting this to Garmin Support as it would be expected that, once movement is detected and auto pause realises that, the GPS should start tracking again.

• So everyone have give up on using the Auto Pause?

• Yes, the movement have started and the cursor on the map is moving, but the bread crump map doesnt draw any lines until it wakes up on its on weird time, now it just draw the straight line. Its frustrating.

• have a look at the configuration in auto pause mode, you can choose at what pace the watch detects a pause.
    maybe the watch is configurated at x km/h now and this is what happens, the watch stays stopped until you reach x km/h. Be sure to put "stopped" if you just want it to auto pause when you are stopped