This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Music Controls (Not Spotify)

Is it possible to control iOS music (not spotify) from the FR945?  I want to control my playlist/volume playing from my iPhone to a connected BT speaker.  I could do this with my FR935 but the only music controls I can seem to find on the 945 just control the onboard Spotify.  

Thanks!

• Should be possible if I understood you correctly  .. I can control volume/playlist etc for my BT headset from the watch, so it should be the same for a speaker. To get to that menu at any time, long-press down.

FWIW, I don't use Spotify, this is with podcasts/playlists I've synced over from iTunes (under Win 10)

• When I press long down it just brings up spotify.  Maybe it's because I set it up?

• Do this from the watch face:

1) Long press UP to get to settings
    2) Scroll down to Music, press START/STOP
    3) Press START/STOP again to select Music Providers
    4) Select Control Phone, press START/STOP

Music control should now work just like it did on your FR935 (except that you can long press DOWN from any screen to get to music controls).

• Perhaps .. not sure since I don't have that service I didn't set it up.

• Awesome, thanks.
    I opende a thread some time ago, anybody answered. Yours is the solution.

I need it to control music after workouts in the bathroom streaming from the mobile to the multiroom system.

• Pretty big problem: if your headphones get disconnected, Garmin won't let you stop playing music.  It insists on connecting to your headphones first, in order to stop playing!!!  Very dumb.

• Your answer is for another question?
    This was about controlling music on the mobile phone!

I think the watch stops the playback if the headphones get disconnected. Mine does it.