This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth reconnect issues iOS

My 945 quite often has problems with reconnecting to my iPhone (iOS 12.3.1). I have to either switch off/on Bluetooth on my phone, restart GCM or even have to power cycle my 945.

Reminds me of the early days of my Fenix 3 and also 935.

Anyone experiencing this too?

Edit: 2.50, but have no comparison to earlier FW versions of 945.

• Yup.  I just close the app (swipe up on my iPhone X) and reopen it. 

• Yes. very frustrating.

Sometimes I get a few cycles of connected and disconnected messages.

Sometimes, it doesn't show as connected in the GC app. I still have my 935 with me and it has solid connection 24x7 and never gets random disconnects.

Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't be encouraging garmin's sloppiness by paying this much for a buggy watch..anyway.still within the REI return policy period.... :)

• With release 2.70 I have definitely a much more reliable connection to the iPhone. Especially reconnects work lots better.

• I agree - the new update is much better. I had this issue more frequently with my 245 than my 945. But still, much better now with the new update. 

• Totally I have the same problem other than that hearth rate accuracy very bad for example when doing HIT WORKOUT pulse shows 90 when it is 170

• Has anyone found a cure for this? I'm having this same problem. If I get too far from my phone sometimes it will reconnect and sometimes it won't. Very frustrating when I miss notifications! I never had this problem with my 935.

• In my 945 I have the same issue. Other than that very inaccurate WHR and the sad part is GARMİN is not making any convincing explanation in this forum. They afraid to confess I am sure they know the problems and trying to solve.

• Hi, 

did you maybe found solution for this problem? I have the same issue. 

tnx in advance,

kind regards,

• Same here with an iPhone 11 Pro. In my case, the issue started being present after going to FW v.5.0. I have non-Garmin SPD and CAD sensors and they stared failing. I had to reset the phone to fabric to have the sensors back to work but the bluetooth goes into an stale status and Connect App reports are watch is not connected. I'm on Connect 4.32.4 and FW v5.0