This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Very Very slow Sync to Garmin Connect Mobile

Often I am experiencing a very slow upload of activities to Garmin Connect Mobile from my 945 to my iOS device. By "slow" I mean 20 minutes or more for a 60min activity, sometimes even hours later it hasn't synced.  Usually I get an indication on the watch itself shortly after saving with a little green-arrow-circle icon which I thought indicated sync had completed but apparently that is not the case?

Yesterday I did a couple of gym workouts (a treadmill run followed by an indoor bike).  The treadmill run synced immediately but an hour later the indoor bike hadn't yet synced.  When I go to the sync-now option on the watch (long press on upper left button) it tells me "transfer in progress."

Anyone else experiencing this bug?

• That's really odd, sorry you are encountering that problem, hopefully there will be a fix.

Most of my long runs are > 90 mins, but that hasn't caused any problems.

• I just got bored with this, so I removed GC from my phone and deleted the watch from the BT devices. I also restarted the watch.

After it has been completed I reinstalled the GC app, then paired with the watch from GC. Pairing also involved a companion app update on the watch whiat was completely managed by GC.

After this process the sync is done with the old speed 20-40 secs even after longer activities. However the BT connection is still not fully reliable sometimes I need to turn off/on the BT on the phone and restart the GC app to connect to the watch.

Fingers crossed Garmin you will be able to solve this soon.

• Same here. Frustratingly slow. Have to always manually turn off connection to phone back and forth to try to trigger the sync. It’s in transfer progress for sooooo long for something as simple as a 1 hour elapsed time activity. Really annoying. 

• I have this same issue and it’s annoying. Garmin, please resolve this. 

• Thanks for testing this for us.  This was the "nuclear option" I was considering and now I don't have to try it as I know it won't work.

• Same bug... for months...

It is really annoying for that  « top level » expensive watch.

One solution : shut down BT on the watch and launch transfer by WiFi. Then turn on BT again.

Does Garmin know about that problem ?

• I contacted support and this was their response:

"Our Engineering team has designed a fix for this issue and it is pending testing and release. I apologize for the inconvenience."

• Great, thanks for the update!!

• This has actually been already resolved for me either with the FW 3.3 on the 945 or with a couple of Garmin Connect app updates.  By and large I get quick syncs now.

• My issues have also resolved themselves at some point. It seemed to be a Garmin Connect issue as it resolved separate from a watch software update