This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Very Very slow Sync to Garmin Connect Mobile

Often I am experiencing a very slow upload of activities to Garmin Connect Mobile from my 945 to my iOS device. By "slow" I mean 20 minutes or more for a 60min activity, sometimes even hours later it hasn't synced.  Usually I get an indication on the watch itself shortly after saving with a little green-arrow-circle icon which I thought indicated sync had completed but apparently that is not the case?

Yesterday I did a couple of gym workouts (a treadmill run followed by an indoor bike).  The treadmill run synced immediately but an hour later the indoor bike hadn't yet synced.  When I go to the sync-now option on the watch (long press on upper left button) it tells me "transfer in progress."

Anyone else experiencing this bug?

• This has just been utterly ridiculous.

I've had my 945 on my wrist since 730am today (9+ hours) and it hasn't synced a single metric to Garmin Connect yet.  It is constantly attempting to sync but failing.

I've tried reboots, connecting/reconnecting, killing the GC mobile app and restarting...nothing seems to work.  I suspect it will sync okay when I get home and connect to WiFi but this is just crazy bad and very frustrating.

• same here. my syncs keep failing.

• Have you tried unpairing your BT connection with the 945 and then setting the BT connection up?

I only seemed to have experienced this once since May, and un/re-pairing BT fixed it.

• yeah I have. I've found that it only happens when I have long activities that are > 90 minutes. One time I was able to resolve it by connecting via usb and then syncing with Garmin Express desktop app. But now I've done that and I still get the red exclamation point in the garmin connect app saying the sync did not complete.

• I get it for all activities, long or short.

I've tried all the supposed "tricks" of unpairing/repairing, killing the mobile app and restarting it, restarting the phone, restarting the watch, etc.  Nothing works with any consistancy at all.

• I have had the same issues on my 945 and 935 since about June I guess - I dont remember.  But I have been able to work around it consistently with both by turning Bluetooth off on my phone and syncing via Wi Fi.  This is the only thing that worked for me with any consistency.  So, before I save any workout.  I turn bluetooth off on my phone.  Obviously this does not work if I am not in range of my Wi Fi network but in those cases I just wait until I get home to sync

• I tried this without success. If I turn off BT and try to sync, it says no Wi-Fi connections are available. When I try to add a Wi-Fi network (which was previously successfully added using Garmin Connect on the phone), it says it can't find the SSID I enter on the watch. My SSID is hidden, and I'm beginning to believe the only way the watch will connect to hidden networks is if the connection is first established in GC, and the watch remains paired with the phone (as if GC and the phone are facilitating the Wi-Fi connection on the watch). I never see a Wi-Fi status icon on my watch face, so I have no idea if the connection is live unless I test it using GC on the phone.