This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Workouts skipping intervals

HI All, 

Not sure if anyone has had this issue.  I created a workout on my 945 and its fairly simple, warm up, run/walk, cooldown.   Repeat the run/walk 10 times.    Randomly during the workout it would skip a step.  So it would run skip the recover go back to run.    This is pretty annoying as it throws the workout off.    In most cases it just do what is says but since i am coming off an injury i don't really like skipping steps.  

Anyone else have this happen to them?

As a workaround i have started to use the alert function in replacement of the workouts function, but that kind of defeats the purpose of this fancy feature. 

• I have been doing run workouts 4 times a week using a Garmin Coach plan and I have not seen it randomly skipping steps.  I was, however, occasionally hitting the lap button and that would immediately cause it to go to the next step (I have since disabled the lap button).  Are you sure you are not hitting the lap button by mistake?

• I have not had this issue on a run workout, I did have it happen on a swim workout though. When I would get to the end of a set and hit the lap button to mark the end of the set, it would jump right over my rest interval and right into the next workout step instead. Super annoying, but I thought maybe my lap button was sticking and causing a double press.

• Thanks

I'll keep an eye on it on my next one to be sure.   I lock the buttons on my runs to prevent accidental button presses.

• Interesting.  I wonder if its something to do with the repeats. 

• Seeing the exact same thing on my Marq Athlete. The skipping of steps happens every single time I use a custom workout with a nested repeat. It is incredibly annoying as it throws the whole workout off.

Looking at the completed workout at connect.garmin.com shows that every step/lap is listed as "Run" as well. In the mobile app it shows the "Run" as "Recover" and vice versa AFTER it has skipped the step/lap , so there is clearly something wrong.

The skip happened at step #7.

I've reported the bugs several times, but have not heard back yet.

• Same error to me. watch randomly skipping some steps from workouts. Eg i have an interval session set up as {interval, rest} *5 and it skipping a rest step. Doesn't do it every exercise but it happen two times a week. It happened eg today, last saturday... The hard reset not helps.

Firmware 2.5

• There is a new beta firmware 2.64 which states "Fixed lapping issues in adaptive training plans and workouts", is this a fix for this threads subject issue?

• I have Software version 2.70 and am having issues with skipped interval steps in structured workouts... Anyone else still having issues with this? Notes for 2.70 said it fixed lapping issues.

• Exact same problem for me with my Vivoactive 3 Music, and I've seen a topic on the FR245 forum where multiple users report the same issue. I hope they can fix this soon, it's really annoying and intervaltraining is nearly impossible now :-(

• First Tempo Run this morning and my 1 warm-up kilometer was skipped :/