This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Please add USB Mass Storage option on FR945!

On FR945 USB mode can be set to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and Garmin protocol. Older models (like FR935) had the "Mass Storage" option.

Please garmin, would it be possible to add "Mass Storage" as an additional option besides MTP and Garmin? 

MTP is hard to use on MacOS, there are workarounds but overall it is not supported and pretty slow. I know it is convenient on Windows and I know that Garmin Connect can be used to add Music through MTP.

Plenty of users were using the Mass Storage mode to back up activity files and settings also it is an essential help for troubleshooting.

Garmin support does instruct us several cases to check / remove / add files (updates) by hand in case of an issue - to prevent sending the device back to Garmin if possible. I believe removing this alternative will increase the amount of cases when devices will be sent back for service.

Mass Storage also seems superior over MTP in terms of speed - at least on MacOS.

Garmin Connect on MacOS is unable to open large music libraries in acceptable times. Instead we transfer music with Android File Transfer tool via MTP.