This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WiFi Auto Upload

With the 945 I am having WiFi auto upload problems. My 935 would always upload my activities before I made it into the house or near my phone. Now, with auto upload, the 945 never auto connects to WiFi. I can select WiFi and click connect, and it will connect and upload the latest activities. I can also open the Garmin connect app to force the upload via Bluetooth. I hope this is just a bug that gets fixed in the next firmware update, don’t enjoy having to open up the Garmin connect app or force WiFi connection after every workout. Anyone having similar issues and if so, any solutions?

• It just works for me. I can't tell you if it auto-uploaded via WiFi or phone but while I'm taking a shower the 945 already "vibrates" because of the Strava/Connect upload confirmations.

• One thing I've seen on the other watches with music, is it won't use wifi while you are listening to music, and if you try to manually connect to wifi while listening, you actually get a warning that doing so with stop the music.

BT will sync while listening to music though.

Could this be related?  

• My activities transfer to my phone as soon as I am done before I even get into my car.  I can't comment about Wi-Fi transfer though because my activities are already transferred before I get home so I'm not sure if that is working automatically.  But my Bluetooth transfers are working very fast just like my 935 did.

• I usually don’t run with my phone and often my activity will upload via WiFi before the watch has reconnected to my phone.

• And to me the same problem my friend, which I do not have in my fenix 3 Sapphire and forerunner 630. Only if I turn on wifi by pressing the sync button. Initially he was working properly, the problem probably started with the latest update of 2.50. My old watches can not work automatically when the wifi network is detected and there is a problem with my new forerunner 945. It is something that bothers me in a watch that you pay 600 euros.

• It seems to be a problem with Garmin's newer watches (fenix 5, Forerunner 935, as I read elsewhere) and not the older forerunner 630, fenix 3 and more.

• Same here, I don't think the 945 has ever uploaded to wifi on my return home from a run, and my run finishes at my doorstep more often than not. Currently not a big deal tbh, as the mobile app generally tends to get it eventually.

• Sorry to resurrect an older thread but I was wondering if people are having success with the automatic wifi upload?  I can manually upload an activity with wifi but it wont do it automatically.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• It works for me when I plug the 945 into charge. After a few minutes I hear the vibratation to say it’s successfully synced. 

• Thank you for the reply.  So I have to be charging the phone for auto wifi upload to work?  If so, that makes no sense because we are able to upload via bluetooth without being plugged in.