This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS soak

I’ve had my 945 for a week now, and while I like the watch a lot, my instant pace and gps have not been great as compared to my 935 and 215.  The pace has been all over the place, and distances have been off.  

Ive seen some recommendations on doing a gps soak. Is that needed for the 945? And how long would it be for?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

hi 

doing a GPS soak for 20 minutes should be enough (start a GPS activity and leave the watch outdoors or on a windowsill)

soak is advisable after every GPS firmware update

what GPS settings were used during your activities ?

are the latest firmware versions installed ?....check via Garmin Express when not, for rapid updates

care to share the activities on Garmin Connect ?

how about some info...

Current pace smoothness

Take a look at the attached graph. Both per second recording. Same run. One is current pace from my 945 with GPS + GLONASS (displayed as speed in kph here) and the other from a Stryd foot pod with Speed=Always so taken from it.

The one that is a lot smoother may not be the one you think it might be :)

Looking at other runs on my 945 they also display similar smoothness. Do your runs if you have one yet?

Conclusion if you want a nice smooth current pace, the 945 without any "accessories" may well do you. ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1480359.png

happy sporting