Preferred HRM?

I've been sitting on the idea of getting a HRM, likely 3rd party as I (like everyone else it seems) was noticing some HRM issues from the watch. Then I came back in here to look and noticed what I'm just going to call HeartRate-Gate. But I'm looking around, and I think I'd like to get an armband based HRM. Anyone have some experience they'd like to share? I'm not against the chest straps, but I would prefer armbands.

945 LTE running 17.28 is what I own. 

Thx! 

• I used the Polar H10 for a long time, which I think is the best heart rate monitor on the market. All sports doctors here use it. However, it causes me problems when running for more than 2 hours, as the sweaty skin can come off where the monitor is. Plasters or Vaseline help well, but if I forget, I'm back to enjoying the wound for days.

I then tried the Polar Verity and it's pretty close to the H10, but much more comfortable to use. I've stuck with it now and am very happy with it. It doesn't deliver the accuracy of the H10 when it comes to HRV, but the heart rate measurements are flawless

• I have Polar H10 and Garmin HRM chest straps but prefer arm bands as more comfortable.

I've had the Polar Verity for 2 years that I use with the 945 LTE and can recommend it. I use it 3 or 4 days a week for indoor bike or row. But ...

For traveling I was a little worried about taking the $99 Verity and maybe loosing the little charger clip. I bought a Scosche R+2.0 for $30. I like it better as far as fit and feel. The band and module are wider which feels better.. 

Ray Maker says it's accurate

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2021/03/scosche-rhythm-2-0-heart-rate-sensor-in-depth-review.html

For the $30 price I'd suggest you try the Scosche R+2.0.