v16.18 - Screen Blanks when Receiving Text Alert

I was using LiveTrack/Live Event Sharing for a recent 50mi/6hr (with stops) bike ride.  The Live Event Sharing notifications were sent to members of my family and myself (phone was with me).

I had my lap distance set to 5mi and was receiving the Event Sharing text as expected every lap with the text notification showing up on the watch face.  About 2/3s through the ride, each time I received the Event Sharing lap text, the watch screen would blank out until the text notification timed out or the notification was cleared via an Edge 840.  I haven't been able to replicate the issue on much shorter activities.

• I did a half marathon this past weekend and noticed the same behavior, I think.

For me, I looked down at my watch shortly after an auto-lap (happening each mile) and noticed the screen was black and blank.  At first I thought "oh no, my watch turned off or crashed and lost my recording" but pressing the lap button (back?) brought me back to my normal run data screen.  I think this was in the first 3 miles or so of my activity.

I looked again a bit of miles later and saw it again (maybe mile 10), also returned to my run screen with pressing back.  I didn't look / notice during the in between miles but also didn't feel like I noticed any beeping or vibrating alerting me of receiving these text messages (I had my phone on me and am on my own live event share list).

Perhaps good to report to the Beta forum?

• Must have something to do with notifcations I'm guessing.

Perhaps good to report to the Beta forum?

I think this is the right place since 16.18 is released.

• D’oh, sorry, I didn’t realize it was pushed out.