Stamina Gauge Useless for Full Distance Triathlon?

Ever since 6.04 came out for the 945 LTE I was intrigued by new data fields and metrics.  The stamina gauge seemed interesting at first, but I wondered what it would really tell me or if it could help pace a long race.

In short, I think it's kind of useless for Triathlon.

I did a Full Distance race this past weekend and noted after the fact that my Stamina gauge hit 1% with ~30 minutes left of my bike.  I then ran well (for me) for about 14 miles before fighting to run and "speed" walk the remainder of the marathon.

In the end my race was a success (for me) and I consider riding for 30 minutes (at the same power I had been for the earlier bike portion) and running for 14 miles to be far greater than 1% stamina.

• I agree that the Stamina algorithm does not handle long distances and/or time well at all.  I road a recreational 100mi with a Low heart rate the whole ride, felt great at the end.  Stamina reached 1% at 75miles.

It does seem to perform better with speed workouts/intervals.  When it gets to zero, I'm done...

• Endurance events are the kind of scenario I'd like it to work for, where I go further than I normally do, and pace appropriately :)  Curious though - have you done activities this long in training or is Stamina needing to extrapolate?

• Curious though - have you done activities this long in training or is Stamina needing to extrapolate?

That's a good point.  I'm typically a running guy at 10 miles or less with a half marathon thrown in here and there.  So it I had more long activities the Stamina algorithm my account for that?

Like I said earlier it does seem to be more accurate for short speed workouts.  400 intervals:

• Your message echoes my hope for the feature when I first heard of it as well.

I also assumed a similar “problem” like your implying with training sessions.  I did not do a full distance race in training, but got “close” for each individual sport (up to 90% of the duration of the race).