Can someone explain navigation arrows to me?

In bike navigation (course) i have not only my position/orientation arrow but two others:

- a grey one, which maybe is like a virtual partner? But i dont understand how it behaves or if i can configure/disable it? Or is it something else? I think its annoying and distracting.

- a red one, which position and orientation i dont understand at all and could not find any information, can someone explain this to me.

Thanks

Top Replies

• a grey one, which maybe is like a virtual partner?

That is exactly what that is.  In GC you can edit the course's Pace Calculator to control the VP.  I assume you could program the pace to…

All Replies

• a grey one, which maybe is like a virtual partner?

That is exactly what that is.  In GC you can edit the course's Pace Calculator to control the VP.  I assume you could program the pace to be way slow or fast so the arrow would not be on the map.  I think I remember seeing other threads (fenix 6/7 maybe?) discussing the VP arrow.  Some of my courses don't have the pace setup.  In that case, I have no ideal how the VP arrow is calculated.

a red one, which position and orientation i dont understand at all and could not find any information,

The big red arrow in the upper left of the screen is direction you need to go to follow the course.

The blue arrow is you.

• Thank you, that cleared things up for me.

So the vp arrow doesn't provide any additional information. it shows just if you are above or below a certain avg. speed. I just discovered that you can add a data screen for VP which allows you to control the speed. if someone knows what speed is set automatically please let me know, so at least i know what i'm racing against ;)

And the red arrow is like the heading bug, just with different design. and the placement on the map is arbitrary. it seems like there is no option to just show the heading bug on the map screen instead.

• The big red one shows North ;-) 

• The big red one shows North ;-) 

This is correct.  I was incorrect...