Triathlon - No GPS Points Recorded for Transitions?

FW 5.07

I did a sprint triathlon today and noted my transitions seem to have no GPS data recorded with them.  Basically it seems like it recorded an elapsed time and a single point but no track / distance / speed data is shown...

I thought previous watches (and possibly the 945 LTE in a prior firmware?) showed more detail for transitions?

• So I just checked my last two. Zooming in on the map I can see the black line representing the transition and my path is semi accurate but for the actual transitions only time is recorded.  

Same functionality on both 3.07 and 5.07 FW. 

My forerunner 935 recordings look the same for the last 2 years. 

• Hmm, I still think something weird going on for mine…

last year’s race (first week of owning 945LTE?) shows this if I click “T1” within the activity review (FW 2.07):

then yesterday’s race:

The data that made it to Strava (which I make private or delete as transitions are not interesting to see) just shows a dot.  My fit file looks to have a single lat/lon point during the transition (but lots of HR or misc data records).

I see a friend with a 935 with shared transition “routes” so something off…

Editing to add…

My wife’s Fenix 6s recorded similar to my 945LTE- no track shown in Connect review.  I wonder what they e changed over the years and why…

• I did a triathlon yesterday and had the same issue with my Fenix 6S pro. My old Fenix 5S would track the gps of transitions. I was wondering if there is a setting I didn't have on properly, but it may just be the way the watch operates.

• I am in agreement that it is some firmware change Garmin made in the last year or so (to at least the Fenix 6 series and 945LTE) - I'd assume other recent / newer watches too, but know the 935 seems to still log GPS for transitions since I can see some friends' data online.