Random High Battery Drain during Activity

I've been using my 945 LTE fairly consistently since launch - about a full year now and had an odd experience on today's bike ride with respect to battery drain.

• I started with the watch fairly charged (80%) and aimed to be out for around 3 hours.
  • I simultaneously record my rides with an Edge 530
  • I generally ride with my phone, so assume a BLE connection for LiveTrack was used vs LTE (although I do have LTE activated and "Power Save" enabled for runs without my phone)
  • I ride with a handful of sensors - ANT+ HRM, ANT+ Power Meter, Varia Radar (although this one isn't paired to my 945LTE)

At the completion of my ride (3 hrs 7 minutes moving time, 3 hrs 19 min elapsed) I noticed my watch showed 11% remaining.  It had averaged about 21% drain per hour.

According to DCR Analyzer my drain was fairly linear until late in the ride where it may have returned to a more normal rate.  The weird thing here is that nearly any specified usage (GPS, LTE, Music, etc...) in all modes I think the drain should be less than this!

I will power cycle the device and continue... Hopefully just a strange one-off issue and/or the supposed upcoming beta program will have firmware that will prevent it from showing up again.