Updates FR945 vs FR945LTE

I made a little table comparing updates in the first year of 945 vs the first year of 945LTE.

On the left, FR945. On the right, FR945LTE. In green color, releases.

When Garmin start to fix the bugs in our watch? Are they waiting to the 955? Why? We need bug fixes, not new sports, stamina or whatever the 955 will have new. Please, bug FIXES!

• https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2022/05/new-garmin-features-fenix7-instinct2-epix7.html

"Remember, the Forerunner 945 LTE is slightly behind on this update, presumably because it runs a bit different codebase than the Forerunner 945 does."

"So going forward, Garmin is going to be focusing its feature updates into quarterly release cycles. This being the first attempt at that. In a conference call about it, Garmin emphasized this doesn’t mean bug fixes will need to wait a quarter though. Specifically, head of Garmin’s Venu & Vivo lines, Phil McClendon stated that the company will “absolutely break-off and do bug fixes as normal more frequently”, which is what already happens today. Most products see roughly monthly firmware updates with bug fixes."

"
    The ones participating in this quarterly party are:

Garmin Enduro
    Garmin Forerunner 245/245 Music
    Garmin Forerunner 745
    Garmin Forerunner 945
    Garmin Forerunner 945 LTE
    Garmin Fenix 6 Series
    Garmin Fenix 7 Series
    Garmin Epix Series
    Garmin Instinct 2 Series
    Garmin MARQ Series
    Garmin Venu 2/2S/2 Plus Series
    Garmin Vivomove 3/3S/Style/Luxe series

In the case of the Forerunner 945 LTE, its update is slightly behind schedule a few weeks and slated for June."

• When I spoke to garmin support earlier in the week about my 945 LTE they told me to see if the upcoming firmware will help as it's supposed to help with battery life & give it the newer connect features. I dunno how true that is so take it for what you will. 

• i think we have heard these promises for a while...but time will tell. i'm not holding my breathe. 

• As a Fenix 5 Plus owner, welcome to the world of Garmin. When 945 LTE first came out, it was obvious that this was a test vehicle for Garmin and it would never be kept up to date.

• It's very easy say this 1 year after the launch of this model, don't think so? Mr. Captain After :)

Congrats for you Fenix 5 plus. Very impressive.

• You know that no one can preview that, because it is the business of the model that will decide that, and that is not true.

if you guys take five minutes to look at changelogs and compare apples to apples you see that 945 lte is not that behind f6 or 945. Also those models are much older. 
    we know that 945 lte is behind and being lte device it takes more time to validate the updates but is not that is not updated! 
    quoting dcrainmaker comment on last beta:

“Again, the FR945 LTE is actually receiving a bigger update than the FR945 did a few weeks ago (including Fenix 7 features), but the timing of that is slightly delayed to June.”

• Any update on the 945LTE firmware update timing? Thanks

• if the information conveyed to DCRainmaker is reliable, we should be seeing an update in the next couple of weeks, following the release of the 955. i'm trying to be cautiously optimistic that Garmin isn't sending false information to Ray.  if what he has heard is correct, we should be seeing an update that matches the other watches. i also recall him previously sharing that Stamina was coming in mid-2022 and Garmin hoped to do 'on-board" settings like the F7/Epix2, but that was challenging engineering implementation so that might or might not happen.

not holding my breathe but hopefully DCR isn't being fed false information just to appease us until the 955 comes out and then the 945LTE becomes completely forgotten.