Battery is not good enough (not like the manual says)

I have a 5% drain each 12 hours, 10% each day. Always in airplane mode, with OX, Wifi, bluetooth, .... OFF, only with HR ON and watchface by default. Should be 14 days in smartwatch mode.

Any advices? The watch says "20days battery left" when the battery is 100% charged, but it's really 10 days...It has no sense.

Thank you.

• Roughly same experience here.  I use more features (smartphone notifications and pulse ox during sleep) but a full charge claims 14 days but it decreases at a rate about 2x (I see about 15% a day with my settings)

• similar experience here too. I'm disappointed in the "smart watch" battery consumption. on my 935, even after four years, i would burn about 6% per day using the JBlack watch face with 1hz HR and seconds always on. on the 945LTE, this is about 9% per day.

thankfully, GPS usage is about 3% per hour (no GLONAS or Galileo)

• I'm getting between 8 and 9% drain per day. Notifications off, SPO2 off, Backlight off, HR on, standard garmin watchface with only hours and minutes and no additional data.

The 935 and Fenix 6 performed a lot better in smartwatch mode with the same settings. The 945 LTE is closer to my 245.

• I'm using potentially power hungry watchface called ENDURO - steps visible, floors visible, no seconds, heart rate visible, active calories visible. With 24h as a smartwatch (connected with the phone) and notifications on, at least 15 notifications per day, short 30 minutes workout without GPS, quite a lot of interactions with the watch, backlight set to 10%, pulse ox off, I am getting 8% per day. With smartwatch mode off I'm getting 4-5% per day. Swimming with GPS+GLONASS consumes 1% per 10 minutes, running with GPS+GLONASS 1% per 20 minutes, with ultratrack 1% per 30 minutes. So I think it is safe to say it matches the manual. 

I HAD 1% per hour consumption problem after updating to 3.07. Was resolved after HARD reset with the power button pressed for 15 seconds. So battery in my case is not a problem. 30 reported bugs are right now a problem (see megha thread with bugs)

• I'm surprised by how low your battery usage is.  I use SPO2 during sleep and a stock watchface w/ seconds but otherwise similar data fields and similar smartphone connection and usage.  For a bit I was injured and not doing any activities with the watch and was seeing upwards of 15% per day consistently.

Have you tried swimming (OWS) w/ LTE?  Not that I need LTE to function there, but for a possible race scenario where I want tracking during the Bike/Run I'd have LTE on for the swim too.  OWS with LTE on was showing quite high draw for me (~5% per 10 minutes?)  I presumed it was related to LTE having some strange high power searching for signal mode.

I may have to try the hard reset option to see if I note a difference, but for now am holding out hope the next firmware update helps as well.  I suspect they have one coming but maybe not quite making it past QA for public beta / release.

• Maybe a Hard Reset is the key. Usually is good after an update, but right now I'm on holliday trip with to many activities and data. I'll wait to come back to home.

Thank you.

• I haven't LTE and I don't OWS.

Is not a surprise had a "bad battery" after a new update. Is Garmin, always happend Slight smile

• I think I used the wrong naming. There are two ways to reset the device. One the factory reset that is available from the menu. This I didn't do. What I did was the reset where you press the power button as long as the watch turns itself off. First you will see the widget menu, then after some time information about assistance, keep pressing, finally watch will turn itself off. This will not erase your data. Maybe last couple of minutes of steps counter. Nothing major. For me this was enough to fix the battery problem. Probably there was some background process working after update to 3.07 waiting for something to happen. This type of power off helped. 

• I heard about hyper battery usage with OWS and LTE together. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test that. Only OWS. I'm spending vacation in Poland where Garmin LTE is not offered. After coming back home to Germany I'll test that for sure.

I'm not using pulse ox during sleep. When I do (just when sleeping) it adds another 2% to my usage. 

About the reset please read my post below.

• this is helpful info. from all i can see, if one wants "smartwatch notifications" (bluetooth on) and seconds on, its going to eat over 8%/dayf for smartwatch mode.

what is "smartwatch mode" off? is that no bluetooth or other things off?

the specification for this watch is up to two weeks of smart watch use. i used to get about 16 days out of my 935 with the same watch face and settings, and now am getting about 11-12 days on the 945 LTE. either the battery is smaller, the new cpu is hungrier, or the firmware has some issues. reseting my watch hasn't changed anything under 2.10 or 3.07.