Livetrack not working?

(Sorry for my english) 

When i start a activity the LTE status is ready and the gps. I start a run and 2-3 minutes after the livetrack stop bu itself. Its 4 in 4 times that i have this problem. I dont be able to use it since i paid for my first month. anybody have the same issue?

thanx 

• Used it during a marathon race recently with 4.0.7 beta. First, it couldn’t connect for about 8-10 minutes (never was an issue in training runs), then it stopped around mile 13, recovered a mile or two later, tJen dropped again around mile 20 and never came back. Don’t know what to say…

Looks like Garmin LTE network followed migratory birds south around mid-October. 

• Same for me....it decided to stop working on my race this weekend after being fairly stable in tests the day before.   Very annoying as I wanted my wife to use the tracking and messaging - simply never found a signal 

• That happened quite frequently when I was subscribing to the service.  I feel like this product should have been called a Forerunner 945X to denote it is experimental, because it does not deliver on what was promised.

• I have been troubleshooting two 945 LTE and post this report incase it helps someone...

I took two watches on a final test run today.

White watch GPS on, paired to a stryd footpod and chest heart rate. Wrist heart rate off.
    Black Watch GPS on and Wrist Heart rate on.
    The run was out 7.25 miles and back on the same path 7.25 miles. Total time 1:46

Both watches start Live track normally and work at the start.

55 mins (7 miles) in the Black watch loses the LTE connection 'Live Track Not Connected'. I stop the run and immediately try to restart a new run. Although it said 'Live track ready' it did not establish a connection after several minutes of running. Next I powered off the watch and ran for five minutes. After restarting the watch it still could not establish a connection even though it said 'Live Track Ready'. I powered off the watch again to let it 'cool down'. After 10 more mins being powered down I restarted the watch and started a new run successfully with Live tracking. This new run stayed connected for the last four miles of the run.

The white watch had stayed connected to LTE through all of the black watch issues until mile 10.5 approx 75 mins the white watch also lost LTE connection and remained disconnected all the way home at mile 14.5. As soon as I saved the run I tried to start a new run on the white watch but it failed to start the Live Track session even though it said Live track ready. After several minutes of trying I stopped that run and powered down the watch. After about five minutes 'cool down' I powered up the white watch again and this time it did establish a successful Live Track.

My summary is that these watches seem to have a thermal issue. The network coverage does not seem to be the issue as the watches work fine on the way out but fail on the way back along the same path that they were previously successful. Also one watch can fail when the other watch remains connected. If it was a cell coverage issue you would expect both watches to lose connection in the same spots and that is not the case. If the network coverage is fine then it must be the individual watches that are having the issues. Today both watches worked at the start but both watches failed the connection after approx 1 hour of active use. This leads me to think something is happening to the watches over time and my past experience working with mobile processors and action cameras all point towards a thermal processing issue is building up in the watches over time that ultimately interrupts the connection after some time of working hard. Both watches had good battery levels and todays temperature was a cool 54 F.

I absolutely wanted this watch design to work well as it would solve all of my problems. Maybe the plastic case is part of the thermal problem (if that is the cause of disconnection). Maybe more metal would help to dissipate heat.

phil