Forerunner 945 lte Battery drain issue

Hi, since I got my 945 lte last week, I noticed a battery drain issue. The watch last maximum 4 days win 90 minutes running gps only. Is this a hardware issue? 

• Is pulseox on? That's a battery eater...

• Hi thanks for your reply! Yes, it was on when i got it. I then disabled it. It went from 3 days to 4 da6s battery life. 

• It does sound weird.  I use my device for ~3-4 hours of running a week and mostly indoor biking (no GPS) and a small mix of OWS / lap swim.  Battery usage with activities for me has roughly lined up with expectations from their specifications although idle / smartwatch drain remains a little high.  I'd be lucky to get 8 days of my typical use on a charge.

I did see one OWS or two with larger reported drains (i.e. 10-12% drop in a 35 minutes swim), but it may have been too short of a swim to know the true drain or capacity of the watch.

My pulseox is set to "sleep" only.

• Thanks for your feedback. I may try to reset it? Maybe it is something else that I am not aware? Thanks again to all of you!

Daniel 

• anyone else having battery drain issues. i got my 945LTE this afternoon and it seems to be eating up about 1% per hour...no Pulseox and simple watch face. we'll see what it does overnight (was going to try Pulseox but won't for now) but i'm surprised as i haven't installed anything on it yet.

• I am having crazy issues, yesterday my watch burned through 75% of its battery with a 30 minute GPS/LTE activity and nothing else. I have tried restarting to no avail. I think the next step is to wipe it entirely. :/ 

• I know this is a long shot - but when you look at the menu (log press top left) is your LTE Active or Standby? I had the same issue and mine said Active … burned through the battery in a day or so. Reboot fixed that and now it shows Standby and the battery drains at normal pace (FW 2.10). 

• for me: I'm not using LTE at all. but i don't have the crazy burn like 4704782

• It's in standby now for me, I think this may have been the issue though. When I restarted I got a message that "live track ended" even though I wasn't doing an activity at the time. My guess is the LTE was on the entire time for some reason. 

• My battery has been draining quickly, too, it seems. Most recently it drained much faster than I expected over the past 24 hours (I would guess 2% per hour) with no activities and LTE off. I have noticed faster drain than what I expected earlier, too, and unpaired my inReach (which I only use occasionally - I thought my watch constantly looking for it may have been draining it) but unpairing the inReach and turning off LTE didn't seem to help. I don't have PulseOx on, either. Odd.

Edit: I'll add that it doesn't seem to burn more than usual for activities (i.e. I ran a marathon with LTE on, received a couple of messages during the run, had music on the whole time, GPS+GLONASS, etc. and the battery did not drain faster than expdected - maybe ~50% over three hours). Since my original post, I've downloaded the Battery Gauge widget and have also put my watch face, "Actiface," on power save mode. I'll report back if I get any new relevant information.