My Music provider issues with audiobooks

Anyone else having issues with the My Music provider? I listen to audiobooks which are separated into individual mp3 files for each chapter. When I get ready for an activity I access the My Music provider by holding the lower-left button. It brings up the the 'Now Playing' screen and then I hit the play button. It connects to my earbuds but instead of going back to 'Now Playing' and starting to play it stays on the 'Add Headset' screen. If I back out of that it seems to get all confused and I end up having to do a bunch of backtracking to get to the audiobooks menu and then it loses my location in the book. So I have to spend 10 minutes every morning trying to get back to where I was. Anyone else have this issue? I came from a fenix 6 Pro and I'm already regretting the decision.

• I came from a fenix 6 Pro and I'm already regretting the decision.

Knowing the capabilities of the Fenix 6 Pro, it's a reasonable assumption you made the switch for the LTE feature.  Your regret stems from having issues playing audiobooks?  It's a minor issue I'm sure will get sorted out.

• Anything that messes up your morning run is annoying.  I hope it gets fixed soon.

• Anything that messes up your morning run is annoying.

I wouldn't say "anything".  We'll disagree that not being able to listening to an audiobook should be listed as messing up your run.  I'll agree it's a luxury that I also enjoy, but far from a regret if I'm unable to do so.  Listening to an audiobook does absolutely nothing for my training and tracking of my metrics.  Isn't this the reason we purchase our watches?  It's a convenient add-on we all enjoy and like I said earlier, I'm sure it'll get sorted out. 

• I'm finding my music to be a bit flaky/slow/buggy as well. I just deleted the spotify & deezer apps because I don't use them and I recall there were issues with them in the early days of the 945. I don't know yet if that will help. 

• The 3.0.4 release didn't fix this issue.

• I have the same issue with the audiobook position resetting during the headphone sync process. Makes listening to longer audiobooks almost impossible. Unless you want to listen to the same chapter every day.

• I found that 1 of the causes is:

Syncing headphones after watch has been plugged in to charged results in music position resetting during the sync process. This occurs every-time I charge my watch.

Solution/work around:

After charging, and before syncing with headphones, turn watch off and back on. I’ve been doing this for the last 20 runs without experiencing the previous issue.

This seems like it would be a fairly easy fix on Garmin’s side. Charging must result in some kind of file/variable being changed/reset incorrectly. It would be much better if they could sort this out (obviously) rather than making the user add an unnecessary reset step. A step that is easy to forget.

Helpful hint:

Holding the next button (down button on watch) on the music playback screen fast forwards the audio track so lost positions can fairly quickly be restored.