This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issues with Garmin Customer Service

Hello,

I bought a Forerunner 935 watch end of July 2018 and I was mostly happy with it. It has a 2-years warranty (i.e. until end of July 2020)

A bit less than 2 years later, the watch developed charging issues (some problems with the charging port). I contacted Garmin about it and they shipped a replacement unit which was delivered on 22nd May 2020 (as that was still under warranty period).

I started to have GPS issues with the replacement unit shortly after: GPS would lose signal and it would take generally 20-30mins for it to get it back. I don't notice it while running as my pace/distance is coming off Stryd footpod.

First time it happened was 5th June 2020, then again 27 October 2020 and 17 November 2020. I then contacted Garmin Support about it who advise to delete the RemoteSW folder and see if that fixes it.
It hasn't and is now becoming more frequent (twice over the past week).

Garmin Warranty for replacement unit is the longest between a)2 years from original purchase date (End of July 2020) and b) 90days after replacement has been delivered (22 August 2020).

They do not want to take this issue under warranty as I first contacted them about it on 17 November 2020. I understand that point.
However, I have the activity files proving the unit was defective from the start.

Under UK Consumer Act (2015), I understand that "If you discover the fault within the first six months of having the product, it is presumed to have been there since the time you took ownership of it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise." - which is the case here (defect shown in the first 2 weeks, and contacted them within the first 6 months.

However, I am unsure on whether those 6-months apply for a replacement product?

Thanks!

Thibaut

• defect shown in the first 2 weeks

You had a bad GPS track on June 5th and then again on October 27th and you discovered a "defect".  Are you serious?  A defective watch worked perfectly fine for 4 1/2 months between the first and second time they happened?  Do you know what else causes breaks in your GPS track?  Expired EPO/CPE files. Loss of GPS signal from too many possibilities to list here.  I don't think you've proven your watch is defective.  I can duplicate what you're seeing on a perfectly fine watch.  All you'll be able to prove is that you had bad tracks record on those dates, but that doesn't deem the watch defective.  I'm not saying your watch doesn't have a defect.  I'm looking at it as if I were a Garmin employee and based on the information you've provided, you wouldn't be able to convince me you received a defective watch on May, 22nd.