Forerunner 745 automatically select run activity without activating it

My forerunner 745 sometimes select the run activity but does not activate it. Then after around 5 min it goes into power save mode because I did not activate the activity and it needs to shut down the GPS to save power. All of this is causing a lot of vibrations and alerts. Does anyone know why the watch insists of selecting the run activity without activating it. Obs. I do not accidentally press the button. When I press the button it will go into the run activity without vibration (I have turned vibrations off) but when it automatically goes into run mode it does so by using vibration notification. Also moving IQ has been turned off.

I'm sorry to hear about that! Please follow these cleaning steps to ensure that nothing is causing the button to get temporarily stick down: 

1. Fill a small bowl with lukewarm fresh water.

2. Place the watch in the bowl and allow to soak for 10 minutes.

3. Remove the watch from the bowl and rinse thoroughly under a low-pressure faucet.

4. Shake the excess water from the watch and allow it to air dry completely.

If these steps do not work, please reach out to Garmin Product Support directly.