This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will the Forerunner 745 be replaced / upgraded?

I have a Forerunner 935 and I'm thinking of switching to a 745 as it has a few more bells and whistles (software not hardware) but they aren't available on the 935.  However, the 745 has been around for a while now so I'm wondering how long I may have to wait for the replacement model?  Any guesses from other Garmin users or knowledge of typical lifecycles of Forerunners would be helpful.

I just use my Garmin for running so all the multisport capabilities are not required. 

• The 255-running and 955-triathlon will go on. The 745-line will go away...it will be a part of the Venu-3.

IMHO. 

• I have the 745 and feel that the 255 would be better for me. It does Breathing during exercise, has better battery life and has a better GPS. I would go for the 955 if they brought out an LTE version. Compare them to see the differences.

buy.garmin.com/.../compareResult.ep

• I upgraded from a 745 to a 955 solar back in October and I love the new watch. I must have have been really good in a past life because I've only had one glitch so far. If I were looking at the 745 today I probably would have chosen the 255. The only thing that really tipped me toward the 955 was my sizable credit I had at REI. I still use the 745 when I'm charging the 955. Use it 6 days a week recording some sort of outdoor activity.