This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep widget

How do I add the sleep widget, thanks?

Top Replies

All Replies

• MONTHS ?? You must be kidding me ? all the fenix 6 have this feature ? what exactly did support say ? pleas can you share some insight into this also ? The watch is marketed WITH this feature and no one blames garmin for not adding it for some weeks - but MONTHS ? Sorry this is not okay for this price point :/ 

• I am not happy about it either but you have to realize that due to current situation development process might be slowed down. If it is really truth that it was not working properly I actually prefer to wait a bit. After all, all other feature are working great!

• imho this is unacceptable ... this watch costs 480 Euro ... and a complete feature is missing here. This was one of the features I bought this watch for - and now they say its months until i receive the features ? In a few Months there could be watches like FR955 or Fenix 6 or such lol ^^ marketing a feature and just delay it a few months + not talking about it to the community is really annoying and very unacceptable behaviour in my opinion - sorry for the rant but its the truth ... 

• This is what Garmin-Brooks said in the 945 forum:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-945/243372/forerunner-945-sw-5-20---live-to-100

imho this is unacceptable ..

Why?  You prefer a half baked feature release?  We've been listening to you whine about this delayed feature on several threads since day one.  I can only imagine what we would have heard from you and many others if Garmin released a feature that wasn't working. 

This was one of the features I bought this watch for

Your key buying point was a sleeping widget?  Whatever!  Try practicing some patience and lose the self pity. 

• It’s not about the feature is missing - it’s the lack of communication from garmin - now 6 weeks after release this is the first reaction from garmin about this. 
    imagine people buy a car and the audio system does not work and the firmware is pulled from the manufacturer 2 days before release - I guess you would also be pissed about it Wink but it’s one thing pulling a feature but a completely other thing just keep calm 6 weeks in and not letting the customer know what’s going on - that’s the thing I’m angry about - and I think that’s more than ok

thats not a cheap China Gadget watch - this is a high e d watch from a premium brand 

• it’s the lack of communication from garmin

What were you told when you contacted Garmin by phone or email?  The forum is a peer to peer self help site and not an official support channel for Garmin. Would it be nice if they made official statements here?  Yes.  Is it a requirement?  No.  Wouldn't you agree that the information come from the source and not from people like me on the internet?  In your example, yes I would be upset if my new car's audio system wasn't working as advertised.  But I would also call or email the manufacturer and inquire about the status and not expect them to post on a peer to peer open forum. 

• I posted this in the 3.10 thread, I'm going to post it in here too, just to maximize eyes on it because we do want this to be as clear as possible on it. All frustration is completely understandable, and we are working as quickly as we can to rectify the issue. 

While preparing to release our new on-device sleep algorithm on Forerunner devices we found that some beta testers had more accurate results on the previous versions. As a result, we have removed the feature to further review results so our customers can ultimately have the best sleep algorithm experience. We are actively testing and verifying the algorithm on a wider audience and hope to release a public beta in the coming months. Thank you all for your patience as we continue to make improvements and listen to your feedback.

• Hi Garmin - Brooks,

I hope this feature will also come for the Venu and Vivoactive 4 series because it isn't understandable that sport/running watches get this sleep widget and lifestyle watches did not (I think it would fit here most).

If Garmin brings sleep widget to such watches they should also consider to give advanced running metrics to there lifestyle watches...my opinion :-(

• And if all the watches had the same functions, why would Garmin need all the model lines? Don't believe it. BMW and Mercedes also have different models. In the DDR there was only the Trabant. 

• Ok, you're right but then the sleep-widget and stats for health and lifestyle watches only and the advanced running metrics for sport watches...that would make sense...

Wer A sagt muss auch B sagen...