This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IQ watch face broke after 7.20 update

I have a forerunner 645 music. I was using the pip-boy-ish watch face and have been using it for years but when my watch updated to 7.20 this morning it broke. I get the IQ! error and even though I tried everything on this page both options and it wouldn't fix. https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=nfeK0ZgFWu5WGHBTcKCNS9 .

I love this watch face and would really appreciate a way to go back to a previous update until the next one rolls out fixing this issue. Does anyone know how to do this?

• Firmware update 7.20 is causing many errors on many ConnectIQ apps and watchfaces. See this bug report for more information (and vote up):
    https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/i/bug-reports/fr645-and-others-since-fw-7-20-major-issues-with-custom-fonts

• To all FR645(M) users: Garmin implemented a new major bug as the deployed new FW 7.20. Many watchfaces, but also datafields, widgets and apps might be affected. Please do not blame it on developer with bad reviews. You can support the develper by informing them (Button "contact developer" in Garmin Connect IQ store") that there is a Bug.

• Yeah I have the same issue, and it is affecting a huge number of watch faces. I was using infocal, which broke, but most of the other watch faces I had loaded also broke with the update. 

• Same here.  Wondering if we can either revert to an older firmware or if anyone knows if they are working to patch this. 

• I had one that didnt work. I held power button for a proper shutoff. THen reboot, it¨s fine

• Same here with Forerunner 645 Music, no watchface is working anymore. They have to fix it asap. Do they know about it?

• As mentioned before. The issue is known and analyzed by Garmin. If and when a new firmware is rolled out is unknown. A workaround is available to developer. So if you have a non working app (watchface, widget, datafield or app), it broke after latest FW update, and a reboot of watch is not successful, you should get into contact with developer ("contact developer") and ask him to introduce this workaround. There is an entry in developer forum. If developer is not answering, the only way is to wait for FW update or use a different watchface/widget/datafield/app.

• FR645 is a sorted out watch. They want us to buy a new one, clear case. 

• Clear, every company needs to earn money, but in this case something felt between the lines. It has to to with a value set wrongly by developers (incl. me), which had no conseqeunces in the past. Only after latest FW update on two devices the problem came on surface.

That FR645(m) is sorted out in terms of implementing new features if would agree to, but Garmin is still doing bugfixing for FR645.

Because there is a very simple workaround and they could blame it on us developers (I know some developers see it different), I can imagine that a FW change can take time in this case.