This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

White spot covering forerunner 645 screen

A white spot has appeared on my screen as shown here. I have always had a screen protector on the device and not used it swimming. I have tried restarting the device and the spot stays. My device was bought in December 2018 -just over your 1 year warranty period...! very frustrating but hoping this can be resolved. Any ideas? Thanks

• Did you ever get a response from Garmin - I have the same issue, just outside of warranty

• Did you ever get a response from Garmin - I have the same issue, just outside of warranty

• yes rung them but had to pay for a replacement product Disappointed

• That’s insane. This white spot is appearing a plenty of Garmin models. To me there seems to be something gone very wrong while manufacturing screens regardless of model. Mine is a FR245M

• I contacted Garmin and they replaced mine, no questions asked. Just had to post it to them.

Outside of warranty period. They clearly know of the issue and are not fighting it.

• This is what's happened to mine as well! I bought mine exactly 15 months ago and this white dot appeared a week ago. It's slowly growing bigger, too. 

I called customer support, was on hold for 8 minutes, and when I told the guy what was happening, he put me on hold and then hung up on me. 

I called back, and now I'm waiting to talk to someone again. 

I hope they will fix this for free. I'm not rich so I saved up for this watch. It's so disappointing to have this happen, and so shortly outside of the 1 year warranty. 

• Update: The representative emailed me back because he didn't have a number to call and they're going to exchange it out for me, no problem! 

• Same thing happened to me, my watch is only 14 months old. Same spot as several posted in here, so clearly a factory defect. When I called support they said the center was closed. I assume that was just for the day and not closed due to covid...? I have loved this watch so I was disappointed to learn this is a common problem. I’m hopeful they will replace it if I can get a hold of customer support. 

• *update* I called this morning, they gave me no hassle saying it was a known production defect, sent me a form to fill out so that I could provide a deposit and have a new one shipped while retaining my current one so that I’m still logging my workout data. I filled out the form and 5 hours later it says the replacement device shipped. Stellar customer service.

• I have a spot that just appeared also, but unfortunately way past warranty. I bought it in 2018. My spot is in the same area as all the pics I see posted. Definitely must be a defect. Will try and get a replacement as well. Love this watch! So much better for running than apple watch.