This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 645 Series Beta software version 6.36 Beta (activity saving issue)

645 - Download

645 Music - Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report. In the process of troubleshooting reported issues we may access information in your Garmin Connect account, such as your activity files. More information about Garmin's privacy
  • In the process of troubleshooting reported issues we may access information in your Garmin Connect account, such as your activity files. More information about Garmin's privacy policies can be found at: www.garmin.com/.../privacy-statement
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.36:

• Fix a lockup that could occur when saving an activity.
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where the device would error out when trying to sync a music playlist using Wi-Fi
  • Various CIQ improvements.
  • Various stability improvements.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 645M to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner645MBeta.zip. Click on the Beta folder. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's primary internal storage drive.
  3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, download and unzip Forerunner645MBeta.zip and click on the Public folder. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's primary internal storage drive. Disconnect the device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Hmm, good to know.. I will go for a long run tomorrow and see if it happens again before I report it. 

• I spoke too soon. I’ve turned off Bluetooth to force the watch to sync via WiFi and still I got error 0400 when trying to sync via WiFi (with the watch alone).

The bug has not been fixed.

• WARNING FOR BETA 6.36 (at least for users with power meters like Stryd).

During my 20km long run today, I got the blue triangle freezed on screen two times with about 20-30 minutes in between. The strange thing is that after ~2 minutes the watch returned to my activity, and I could resume the run activity. 

BUT both of my Power datafields ``Stryd Zones´´ and ``Run power´´ had dissapeared and I had to add them back to the datafields. I needed to do this twice, after both ``triangle of death´´ scenarios but after this I could resume my activity and all power, HR and other data was recorded as usual.. Same thing happened on one of my 4km run yesterday. Very stange!

I had no problems with the ``freeze after saving acitivty´´-issue with the beta (4 run activities saved with no problem), but this is a new issue and much worse I belive, since it´s happening DURING runs instead of after saving the runs.. I will try to revert to an older FW version now until Garmin has fixed all this mess....

• Anyone knows if the FW 4.20 is available for download somewhere?

• I have reverted to 6.20 for now, Im rather having the freezes after saved activity than in the middle of the activity.. I have also reported the issue to Garmin through the Beta-report system.

• Blue Triangle when saving an activity. This lasted for quite a couple of minutes before returning to the option screen of Savie /Resume' etc. 

• Does this 6.36 release finally fix the regression caused by an previous update with the volume buttons on eg. JBL reported 5 months ago? Please, don't make this my last Garmin.

forums.garmin.com/.../issues-with-jbl-reflect-mini-2

• I had my watch get the blue triangle freeze during the run as well - when it restarted it came back to the activity so I saved it then and lost a bit of the end of the run, but also any training status as there was no training load or recovery from it either.

• It's not on the change list, so it's probably safe to assume not.  This BT bug affects all the latest watches I think so a fix will probably be released as part of an update to the device hub rather than a specific firmware for the 645M.  If you find another manufacturer with better reliability and feature set, let everybody know.  It's a shame that Garmin don't get everything right but it's still better for me than anything else out there. 

• After 2 freezes in a row, I decided to try this beta. Haven't run with it yet, so can't speak to the actual issue at hand here, but having terrible battery life without GPS! I lost nearly 25% overnight, and charged it immediately before bed. That's 25% down in ~8 hours. Anyone else?