This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Text message notification not appearing on watch (iPhone)

My watch does not receive text message notifications all of the sudden. It receives all other notifications, but not texts. I do not think I changed any settings on my watch or my phone to cause this change. Could it be related to the recent iPhone update? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks. 

• My iphone was syncing fine until I did the garmin software update. Immediately after I stopped getting text message to my phone. Anyone know what this is about?  It was the garmin software on my watch, not the iphone IOS 13 update others have had in the past. 

• I have iPhone 6s and Garmin Forerunner 45. I was getting all notifications except text messages. The following change fixed it for me immediately:

Settings>Notifications>Messages

Make sure under "Alerts" the "Notification Center" is checked. Once I checked that box, immediately my watch beeped and showed me all the unread texts I had.

• This fixed it for me, thanks for posting!

• Glad I could help! 

• I just got my forerunner and am receiving notifications for FB messenger, but not phone calls or texts.  I used the troubleshooting links below and I have all of my settings set to how it says and things "on".

• This fixed it for me! thanks for letting me know this magically trick, I didn't even think about that

• This worked for me!  Thanks so much!

• I have a huaweii and could not find a fix, called garmin and their troubleshooting still no help, i went into system on my watch and completely reset my watch to the original in the box settings and removed my device from the garmin connect app and started over again, which was a bit of a ball ache having to put everything back to the way you had it and adding music back on but did not take too long.

this worked and i can now receive notifications and messages 

• I'm using my new Garmin 645 M with my iPhone 11.  I've tried nearly everything suggested in this thread and nothing works.  All other notifications come through fine, just not text.  All software up-to-date and all notifications set appropriately.  The only thing I haven't done yet is a factory reset of my 645, which I feel I shouldn't have to do with a $300 watch.  Pretty silly they haven't come up with a patch after many months of customer complaints.  I guess I just have to accept it as an unresolved glitch.  

• Try opening the Garmin app - go to settings - phone permissions - contacts and turn it on.  That was how I finally got mine to sync up.  Although sometimes it will still be glitchy and not give me my phone notifications - ugh!