This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

645M Freeze after FW 6.20

In the morning I got software 6.20 for my 6.45M.

After the first sync over BT and mobile: FREEZE !!

Restart the clock. Now you can see how the battery power decreases 1% in every 3 minutes

Reset to defaults, same issue

• We would recommend you perform a hard reset (holding down power button until display shuts off) before restoring defaults and setting your device up again. 

What is your device freezing on? A specific menu or task, or is this happening randomly?

• OK, Step by Step

1. I updated the Firmware to 6.20 over Garmin Express on PC

2. Sync the Device later at work over Bluetooth with my Smarthfone. Watch freeze.

3. Make a Hardreset. After this, i noticed a extreme battery drain (1% per 3 minutes)

4. Restoring to defaults, same issue. Battery drain still there, without setting up the device

Now the Device is on the way to Garmin Germany, i open yesterday a RMA-Ticket. 

I am a little frustrated. This is the second clock within 2 months I send back to Garmin.
    Up to firmware 5.70 the 645M ran well. After that only problems with new firmware.
    Constantly playing the beta tester for new firmware is annoying

Sorry my English is not perfect ;)

• In my case the watch always freezes after a training, when I saved the run and switch back to the normal display then after a while the watch stops and no button is accessible anymore. A hard reset helps but at the next training it is the same. about the battery drain I got no issues

• Are you sure you are doing a hard reset? A soft reset is holding the power button until the device goes off and then pressing again to restart.  A hard reset can take a couple of hours by the time you're finished and is completely wiping the device and starting from scratch with all settings  www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-1D4D7BAD-1F1A-4EBC-9C74-8D75CCBBF950.html. If this doesn't work, you'll need help from Garmin support to re-install the firmware and if that doesn't work he device should be returned. 

You may not have to go as far as doing a hard reset. Others have found the freezing issue fixed by deleting your FIT files.  See here support.garmin.com/.../

• Not that a 1% battery decrease in 3 minutes isn't unusual, especially after a firmware update when there is more to sync.

• So I just did a soft reset.

Now I deleted (saved) all the FIT files and will see how it works for the next training, but I also read that deleting those files was no permanent solution it freezes again after a couple of trainings. I will see and give report.

• First run with 6.20.  Freeze for a bit on 'Save', and then on clock face after saving successfully.

No apparent battery issues. 

• Second run with 6.2 and the watch frezzed like 5.9

• Have you also checked that you have sufficient storage space on the main watch partition where the FIT files are stored? I had to delete some FIT files. I've not experienced any freezing after 6.20 update this morning and have 3 running activities (5km, 1km, 1km) today.

• But the FIT files do not need that much space. I think there is still enough storage on the main partition.