This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR645 Reporting Unsupported Cable

When using (obviously) charging cable my watch always reports that it's an "Unsupported Cable" - which is ludicrous as who else makes a cable that fits a FR645???

Funnily enough, the watch still does charge just fine - but it's stopped mounting/being recognised in Garmin Express on my MacBook Pro; which is really annoying.
  • I occasionally get that message but only when disconnecting the watch. Cable works fine however. Are you getting it all the time, does charging still work ok? If not then guess your best bet is to contact Garmin support.

• I occasionally get the message when I unplug the watch from the cable.  Usually this is if I leave the USB cabled plugged in the same slot for a long time (weeks, months?).  If I pull it out then plug it in again (sometimes to the same USB port, sometimes to a different one), it seems to resolve the problem.  

• I am using the cable provided with my FR645 and receiving the "unsupported cable' error.  The error remains on the watch face and will not clear.  Nor will it connect (USB) to my computer.