This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Pay Pin Code

since the update to 2.50 I have to enter the code every time I pay.
  • Interesting. Thanks a lot for your answers. For the sake of completeness here is a quick precise procedure that everybody can do to check or reproduce this issue:

1. Take the watch off your wrist
    2. Wait for 10 seconds and make sure that heart rate is not detected (use the heart rate widget to check that)
    3. Put the watch on your wrist again
    4. Wait for 10-15 seconds until the heart rate is detected (use the heart rate widget to check that)
    5. Open your wallet
    6. Enter your pin (if you don't have to enter a pin start again from step 1)
    7. Upon successful unlocking, wait a few seconds
    8. Press Back
    9. Open the wallet again
    10. Observe a) the wallet is unlocked or b) you have to enter the pin again

If I repeat steps 1-10 multiple times (like 5 times for example) I sometimes observe a) and sometimes observe b) in step 10, but we should always observe a) according to the manual. I don't think that HR sensor drops or movement are an issue here given that there is a very short time span between entering the pin and opening the wallet a second time (step 7).
  • I reported this a long time ago to Garmin but as you state it doesn’t work 100%. I gave up on them fixing it to be honest
  • Ditto, I have to enter the code every time I pay, which is a bit of a pain.

• add me to your list as it appears to be the same for me - 945 on 2.40.

• I get this problem too. It seems to have got worse with recent updates. Sometimes it lasts 24 hours between PIN entry but more often about an hour. I think it is related to interruptions to heart rate monitoring but it is too sensitive. I can almost guarantee to need to re-enter the pin after riding a bike for example even if no visible interrupt to heart rate can be seen. I have experimented with tightening tightening the band but this makes no difference.

Do I need to open a separate support ticket? 

• Hi, I’m experiencing exactly the same behavior. Have to enter PIN every time. Forerunner 645M, fw 5.20. What is GCM timeline? Happy to provide screenshot once I know what it is Slight smile

• For me it seems to have got worse with the latest firmware. 

I have tried your procedure and I was prompted for a PIN the second time (b) straight away. However, is it possible that  sometimes the wallet needs to be unlocked more than once before it stays unlocked?  For me, once I have unlocked the wallet the second time, I'm not asked again. This may be similar to other settings errors (or just a coincidence), for example, if setting the backlight timeout, sometimes you need to do this more than once before it sticks. 

• Are they really investigating this, Former Member, or is it just sitting in pile of other unsolved bugs waiting for somebody to care?

• With the latest firmware (5.70) I'm still having to enter pin almost every time I enter the wallet.

1. Go to the wallet for the first time - I have to enter the pin

2. Go to the  wallet for the second time immedialely - I have to enter the pin

3. Go to the wallet for third time - no pin is required.

4. If watch loosed HR just for a moment, but still on the wrist, it asks pin again.

• 2 years after initial subject created and the issue is still there - LOL!!!

If you turn off HR from wrist your watch is no more recognised by payment terminals and you cant pay. You also have to pin yourself every time you enter wallet XDDDDDDDD