This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Random lap splits

On my last long ride and long run, the timer and lap timer seems to re-set itself at random:

I have auto-lap OFF

I have auto pause OFF

I want to be able to see the total time I've been going, and have laps set when I want to by pressing the lap button, not by some arbitrary segment that doesn't fit a particular time or distance!

The only connection I can possibly see is if I've stopped - I think it happened when I stopped at a set of traffic lights on the ride, and when I checked the map on the run.

But it didn't do it when I stopped at the feed stations on the ride!

I can't find any other settings that may be causing this, so I can't stop it happening.

Help!

• On my last long ride and long run, the timer and lap timer seems to re-set itself at random:

If the activity timer (not just lap timer) is resetting itself, it sounds like a whole new activity started. After the end of your ride and run, did you have one activity on your watch for each real activity, or multiple activities on your watch?

The only connection I can possibly see is if I've stopped - I think it happened when I stopped at a set of traffic lights on the ride, and when I checked the map on the run.

When you stop, do you pause the activity? All Garmin watches will automatically time out (and save the activity) if left paused for too long. Some watches let you extend the timeout from 5 to 25 minutes (not Forerunner 55, I think.)

If that's not the case, maybe the activity is crashing for some reason. i would get in touch with Garmin Support ([email protected]).

• It's not re-starting a new activity.  When I upload it shows the total time, and it's only one activity.

I didn't pause it when I stopped - as far as  I can make out it re-set when I was waiting for traffic lights to change for one of them, I wouldn't pause for that!

Maybe I'll try Garmin support.