This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

55 battery glitch: stuck on 100%, shows two different battery levels when charging

A few months ago when I plugged in my Forerunner 55 to charge it suddenly jumped to 100%, then didn't show any drainage till I got a critically low alert. I let it drain totally to restart the device. Since then it's happened again a few times, not necessarily when charging - the watch just randomly decides it's at 100%. I've let it drain totally to restart a few times.

Today when plugged in to charge I noticed it showed two different battery levels, the watch face says 48% while the charging icon shows 43%, and as the charge increases the difference remains. So clearly there's a glitch in how the battery "talks" to the watch? What can I do?

It's less than 1 year old.

• Only thing i know for sure. If you charge the watch and it shows 100%, let it charge for a longer time for a real full battery. Big maybe is that Garmin lets it show full knowing it aint, not charging complete gives the battery a longer lifespan.

• Update, in recent months it has been charging super quickly, like 20 mins to full charge, except the battery then drains in 48 hours so it's obviously not fully charged.

I also am still seeing two different numbers regarding battery levels when plugged in to charge - the charging levels don't match on the watch face and charging indicator. See photo. 

Obviously this has started happening as soon as it's out of warranty! It's only 15 months old but useless when the battery indicator is a nonsense.

• , that's very strange! If power cycling your device did not change anything, please reach out to Garmin Product Support directly: 

Product Support

• ' two different numbers' does not matter, i've seen it before.

Fact is that it should last longer.

Did you try a reboot? Or even hard reboot?

Oh yeah, never drain a battery.

• I just noticed that you're using a watchface from Connect IQ (Liberation). It's possible that the battery discrepancy is coming from the 3rd party data. Can you test a watchface from the device itself, set the battery percentage as one of your data fields, and see if the battery percentage matches?

• I will try, however I've used this watch face since the beginning (I want an analogue watch face) and it was never an issue till recently.