This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Body Battery stops working every time after I charge my watch

Every time I charge my Forerunner 55 via my computer it stops recording Heart Rate, Stress and Body Battery (maybe more, but those are the ones I have noticed). 

The other things I look at regularly don't seem to be affected by this.

I used to have a Forerunner 45 untill a few weeks ago, when I switched to the 55. 

The 45 has never had any of these issues. 

With the 55 I have had the problems right from the start. 
The first time I didn't know what caused the problem and tried many things to solve the issue (pairing and unpairing the 55, removing it from my gamin accounts completely (connect etc.) and then adding it again. But nothing worked. 

Untill I finally found that turning the watch of and then on again would (temporarily) resolve the issue.

However, this is now the second time I am charging my watch since I have it and I am now pretty sure that the charging of my watch causes the body battery to stop working/recording.

Hopefully you guys will be able to fix this properly and in a timely fashion, because resetting the watch every week or so to make sure I only lose a minimum amount of data is just plain ridiculous. Especially since you guys are aware of this problem for over 3 years now, by looking at your forums.

• I am a bit confused. Presumably to charge the watch you take it off, so no way it can measure heart rate? And I guess stress and body battery are related to HR? And I have a vague memory some time ago of a 35 drawing a straight line over the gap when I was not wearing the watch...

• Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Obviously it doesn't record body battery or any other data when charging, because then I am not wearing it.

The problem however is that the watch also doesn't start recording these specific statistics again when I stop charging the watch and then start wearing the watch again.

And it won't register these statistics again untill I turn the watch completely of and on again...

• I've just started having this (or a similar) issue myself. I don't use a phone so I always upload my watch data to my PC (via Express and thence to Connect). On Friday 31st I only went for a walk and then forgot to upload that before bed. The next day I uploaded a run and was horrified to see that, while it did upload the previous day's walk, it lost all wellness data including steps, thus breaking a two year 10K a day step streak. Not happy about that. 
    I thought it might be a one off issue to do with the chance of month but today I see it's lost all my wellness data since my run yesterday, although it started recording again at midnight.
    Any idea how to fix this?

• Your issue sounds like a different one than mine. Since your data spontaneously starts recording again without any intervention from you. 

Also, my steps kept recording just fine. So you clearly have a different issue.

And it would be nice if you would actually read the topic you would reply to, because then you would see that you have a different issue and that I have already posted what I use as a temporary workaround.

My issue was (only temporarily) solved by turning my watch off and then on again. But it will fail again the very next time I connect my watch to my PC again, it has already happened 3 times in a row now.

A permanent solution is not available, Garmin has to fix the software that causes the issue in the first place...