This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is anyone else getting this issue with PacePro?

Sometimes PacePro works seamlessly and sometimes it doesn't work at all. It's very annoying when you are about to use it on a race and the feature doesn't work. 

When I press the start button, the watch screen displays "New pace for kilometre 2" and then it'll show me the PacePro screen but the overall distance left bar won't update and it won't display how much ahead or behind I am. 

For this reason, I don't use it anymore when I go out for a race, but I'd like to be able to rely on this in future races to pace myself. Are there any fixes to this issue? I have tried resetting my watch, updating and deleting and recreating new pacing strategies for PacePro but I'm getting no luck. Any help is appreciated! 

• Hi,

I've definitely had an issue more than once with the PacePro distance/pace getting stuck on my FR55. This is a shame since it's a cool feature but I can no longer trust it to work.

I only typically check my watch part way into the first mile, so don't know what exactly was shown as I started e.g whether it was skipping first mile or not. 

Thanks,

Tom

• Hello,

I Had the same problem with my Runner 55.

I tested pace pro with the Firmware 7.08 and it worked well.

I tested only one time...

• Hi,

I experienced this exact problem today on version 7.08. It happened during a real race with a preset course, which was very frustrating. I only used it once in the past (without a preset course) and back then it worked...

• Hi,

I have also seen this problem. I used PacePro a couple of times and it worked perfectly. It was really useful and I like the way it shows your performance after the run in the mobile app. However, I have had several runs where it just doesn't work. Just like others have seen, either the progress doesn't update on the watch or the time ahead/behind isn't updated making it completely useless. I've also had times when PacePro works perfectly on the watch but then when you sync the run to the mobile app, it doesn't appear to know that it was a PacePro run and doesn't give you the "Compare Pace Stragegy" option.

This was using Firmware version 7.08 and Connect version 4.68

I like this feature and hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Nev

• I've had this exact issue a number of times. Pacepro works great for many runs in a row and then suddenly displays this weird behaviour just when you most need it. Very frustrating when it happens at the start of a proper race. Thought it was related to poor GPS in certain location but don't think that's it. 

• Similar thing happened to me recently. My FR55 didn't even start filling the lap bar (the bigger one in the middle), or tracking distance on the other screens. Luckily it wasn't in a race, and when I decided it seems it will not fix itself, I stopped the run, and started a new one (only half a km wasted). The next one was half functioning, and it was only showing I was overall ahead, but not by how much.
    The FR55 is running FW 8.02