This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Surprisingly accurate wrist HR

I have been testing the FR 55 vs various belts on and off since January -  low intensity as well as short burst high intensity intervals.

I have to admit that I am very much surprised by the accuracy of the FR55. Yes, once in a while (but not very often) the sensor lags behind the first couple of minutes for some reasons, but from then on it is quite reliable and gives very similar readings as the belts I have been testing. Based on these impressions I do exclusively use the FR55 to broadcast HR to my Edge.I do not use belts for HR measuring anymore

Just as a positive feedback. 

• I already threw my belt away for Cycling Activities

This watch is Top for HR on the Wrist.

• Thank you for the feedback! I'm happy to see it Slight smile

• Yup the HR is spot on. I have found through trial and error that tightening the band by one notch when running gives perfect results. The battery, the buttons and the functionality on the watch are brilliant. If you are thinking of spending 3 or 4 times this on a high end Garmin watch, don’t do it! Treat yourself to a MacBook with the new Silicon chip instead!

• Serious issues with HR on the 55. Just sitting here with my Forerunner 55 enjoying a relaxing coffee. HR jumps to 156 bpm. Warning beeps on Garmin that HR is abnormally high. Felt my pulse and HR is 60 or less. What is wrong with Garmin software? Version is 7.08 - the latest version.